Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
IRidetheBus
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to IRidetheBus
Chevy Cavalier a good buy?

Can anyone tell me a chevy cavalier is a good car? (98 and above models) I'm going to be looking into buying a used car soon. I just need to know how dependable these cav's are? The cars seem real inexpensive which makes me think something is wrong with the model? If there isn;t then I will strongly consider purchasing one! Can anyone here help a newbee?

I am also considering ...

Toyota Celica (kinda pricy)
Toyota Corolla
Honda Accord

Nothing Older than a 97

I need a car that wont break down every other week.
IRidetheBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: Chevy Cavalier a good buy?

if you dont want a car to break down every week, than it is always good to get a japanese car, because everyone knows that japanese cars are one of the most reliable. but out of the cars you are looking at, i dont know which one is the best cuz imo, i wouldnt get any of them. i would get a nissan 240sx (i think they are in your price range you are looking at)

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

If your searching for a 98 cav then im guessing you have around 6 grand or so to spend correct? Caviliers are not reliable cars at all and most if not all years have recieved poor crash tests. If you want a FF car in that price range I suggest maybe a Ford Focus Zx3 honestly these are not bad cars and pretty quick, reliability is kinda iffy but youde be better off. Also dont leave out a Nissan 200SX, Sentra, Older toyota Celica, or even Honda civics. But I would leave a 240SX out, if this is your first car RWD is not the way to go, most 240's are going way up in price and if you get an automatic(more then likely) you will not be able to control it in rain doesnt matter how good you think you are. Oh and a honda accord is out of your price range so is an Integra, oh and also a Ford Probe even though its older then a 97 is an incredible car. Very cheap to buy a GT and Very potent to modifications, I hope this info helps good luck man.
Zanark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
bmwm3guy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to bmwm3guy

if you want cheap and reliable car... Honda Civic, if you want a nice car... go wit sumthin else.
bmwm3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
gonenuts15792
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gonenuts15792 Send a message via Yahoo to gonenuts15792

Wait till the Cobalt comes out.

gonenuts15792 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A