Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:46 PM   #1
DtB251

**94 Honda Accord Tail Light Question**

Hey I Am Currently Getting New Altezza Lights For My 94 Honda Accord.I Was Just Wondering If Someone Can Explain How To Put Them On My Car. Also I Am Painting My Valve Tomorrow And I Would Like Some Tips On What To Do If Someone Would Be Kind Enough. Thanks For Your Time!!!

Last edited by DtB251; 12-30-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: **94 Honda Accord Tail Light Question**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtB251
Hey I Am Currently Getting New Altezza Lights For My 94 Honda Accord.I Was Just Wondering If Someone Can Explain How To Put Them On My Car. Also I Am Painting My Valve Tomorrow And I Would Like Some Tips On What To Do If Someone Would Be Kind Enough. Thanks For Your Time!!!
Well, tailight installation is very straight forward. Some cars have a black plastic cover that covers the backside of the taillamp wear the bulbs go. Remove this. Then you simply removed the lights from the OEM tailight housing, then you unscrew the nuts holding the tailights to the car and remove the OEM tailight. TIP: re-use the OEM taillight gasket seals (black foam gasket seals around the back of the tailight where it meets with the car). The ones that come with the aftermarket tailights generally don't fit correct, and therefor don't seal very well (meaning water can get into the trunk). Then, simply put the new tailights with the OEM gaskets in the same way you removed the OEM tailights. Put the nuts on and re-tighten. The re-install the light bulbs. Then, re-install the black cover if applicable.

For-repainting your vavle cover....once it's removed, make sure plug the holes the spark plugs go into so overspary doesn't get in when painting. Also, use High Heat Engine Paint (available at most auto parts stores). 3rd, sand the vavle cover down to the bare metal before you re-paint it.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:05 AM   #3
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Re: **94 Honda Accord Tail Light Question**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtB251
thanks a lot for the reply and good explanations. i will let you know how it goes!
Hey, no problem. I am always glad to help. it should be pretty easy for you to do. Sorry it took so long to respond. Inclement weather has kept me away from the net for awhile.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

Does anyone know how to separate the tail light housing from the lense?
jajimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #5
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: **94 Honda Accord Tail Light Question**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajimo
Does anyone know how to separate the tail light housing from the lense?
Umm, I am a little confused, but if you are asking what I think you are asking, you don't. The tailight housing and leans are all one unit, you don't remove the lens, you remove the whole housing and replace it with the new taillight housing. Trying to remove the lens from the housing is unneccassry and will ruin the taillight seal to boot.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
jajimo
AF Enthusiast

Actually, I bought a set of OEM tails and I want to modify them (don't want to risk screwing up the set I already have). I'm looking to have unique tail lights that no one else has so that's why I want to remove the housing from the lense. I plan to reseal them once I get the modification done anyway so no worries about that. I'm just waiting for them to arrive in the mail, than I'll post pics of what the modification looks like (I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do).
jajimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:53 PM   #7
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: **94 Honda Accord Tail Light Question**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajimo
Actually, I bought a set of OEM tails and I want to modify them (don't want to risk screwing up the set I already have). I'm looking to have unique tail lights that no one else has so that's why I want to remove the housing from the lense. I plan to reseal them once I get the modification done anyway so no worries about that. I'm just waiting for them to arrive in the mail, than I'll post pics of what the modification looks like (I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do).
Well, since you seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want to do and how you want it to look and how to go about it, good luck. I can suggest a heat gun, but I am sure you already thought of that. Anyways, post pics when done.