Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 12:41 AM   #16
BRABUS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by VTEC V6
i choose BMW because they mix sport and luxury perfectly

while Mercedes is jus mainly luxury
Benzo bought out AMG so they can make sport versions of their cars, they used to be separate companies. BMW has their own M division which makes all the performance versions of their cars
and each car BMW makes is already pretty sporty and is available wit a sport pkg plus the M model of the group

Mercedes jus started offering a manual transmission in one of their cars a couple of years ago
before that no Mercedes was availble in a manual transmission for the last 30 years!

and Brabus Benzos are pretty impressive but they are compared to stock M BMWs u should compare a Dinan modified M BMW to a Brabus benz

and BMW is in wit the young crowd as well as the older crowds while Mercedes is mostly with the older group

and for the ML55 being the fastest SUV out there
jus wait for the new X5 performance version comin sometime this year

it has a special 4.7L V8 that produces 347hp beating the Escalade and navigator and the ML55 for horsepower and also beating them in the quarter mile and 0-60!

and only BMW can put 19" rims on an SUV and get away with it

Few points that need to be cleared up. The Brabus tuned vehicles are far more superior than the Dinan ones. I mean come on! Brabus holds the record for the fastest sedan, fastest station wagon, and fastest SUV in the world! How can you beat that?

As for the ML55 being the fastest SUV, try again. The Brabus M-V12 is the fastest.

Now coming to the main point of which is better, you'd have to compare the different models. Here's how I see it:

C-Class Vs. 3 Series (The 3 Series for now but we'll see how the new C does)

E-Class Vs. 5 Series (I prefer the E over the 5 but that's just my opinion. Plus the E gives you the option of a Brabus upgrade! )

S-Class Vs. 7 Series (Once again, the new S Class is superior to the 7. We'll have to wait and see how the new 7 does when it is released.)

M Vs. AMG (The M wins here just slightly but if AMG offered manual transmissions, the tables could turn!)
Old 04-22-2001, 02:21 PM   #17
VTEC V6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VTEC V6
ha ML-v12'

im talkin about factory available cars
like the BMW X5 HP thas comin out in fall
ridin on 20" rims 347hp 4.7L V8

and if u wannna go tuner
i bet someone will try to put the BMW V12 thas in the McLaren F1 in the X5 or any other car then we'll see which ones faster

originally i didnt kno we were talkin about tuner cars
i thought we were goin by what the factory can do

04 STi
VTEC V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 02:23 PM   #18
VTEC V6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to VTEC V6
oh ya worlds fastest production car is the M5
and worlds fastest SUV and most powerful SUV will be the new X5 HP when it comes out

so when it comes to factory tuned production cars BMW wins

04 STi
VTEC V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 02:35 PM   #19
BRABUS
AF Newbie

Quote:
oh ya worlds fastest production car is the M5
and worlds fastest SUV and most powerful SUV will be the new X5 HP when it comes out

so when it comes to factory tuned production cars BMW wins
For now the M5 is the factory champ I do agree. AMG needs to put manual transmissions in their tuned cars, and I hope they will.

Quote:

im talkin about factory available cars
like the BMW X5 HP thas comin out in fall
ridin on 20" rims 347hp 4.7L V8
The X5 beats the ML55 in the HP category by only 5 horses. I'm interested to see where you got the stats for the new X5 and the quarter mile figures.
Old 04-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #20
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
dont forget to compare hp to weight ratios on all this with the suvs cuz i know that you can get a stick in the bimmer...
and i think that it will be lighter, but i m not sure, im not gonna be doin the number thing until i have some in concrete...

also...
no offense but who cares what the top speed is?
it could take 5 mins to get to the top speed, or ten secs...
if i had the choice i would rather go for the quicker car over the car with the higher top speed... as long as they are reasonable.. over 150 is good enuff for me in ohio... i cant go anywhere that i can go over that for too long anywayz...
so i would rather have a car that is hella quick to like 60, rather than really insanely topspeed quick... ya know?
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 10:05 PM   #21
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

people shouldn't compare the ML55 to the X5, because the ML55 is AMG so if BMW had an M X5 then it would be a fair comparison...... if you compare bimmer SUVs to Benz SUVs, you should just compare the regular ones like ML whatever to X5 whatever
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 12:57 AM   #22
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
isnt that what this 347hp bmw x5 is gonna be though? some super tuned version? that is what i think is being said here, or at least what everyone is saying...
so i guess that the comparo is close..
and if it is a reg x5 with more hp than an amg ml55, what happens when they bring out the mx5???
oh, wait... isnt that a miata?
:licker:
i would prefer the lmp engined x5 that had 700 hp, a v12, and was crazy quick... it was in autoweek a couple months back...
that was one helluva suv...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 05:31 PM   #23
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

when the tuned X5 comes out that'll be a fair comparison to the ML55
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote