Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:46 AM   #1
Thedarkside
AF Regular

A little poll...

Okay here's a question for you...if money and know how wasn't an issue...would you girls rather have an all-motor car or a turbocharged car? There are definately benefits to both and disadvantages to both...
Old 10-07-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to JDMsweetz
ALL MOTOR baby! Seriously if you're gonna be a girl racer, respect comes along with that. There are many girls out there thsee days that race, but I hate to say, we don't have the respect we should get. So, I'd say, regardless of the money, I would keep my car All Motor..And that's exactly what I am doing..It's more respectable.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Thedarkside
AF Regular

yea....but I don't think you earn respect by having an all-motor car...you earn respect by showing that you know how to drive and you know about your car. Having a turbo on your car won't get you any less respect respect...because installing a turbo right to produce the power you want with minimal turbolag at the same time not blowing up your motor isn't that easy to do...I don't know that's just my opinion...show me what you can do when your behind the wheel will earn you more respect in my eyes then what you pull up in...it takes more talent and skill to beat someone in a lesser car....
Old 10-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #4
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

That's a really good point and I totally agree, but driving and just speed are totally different things. The all motor point I guess would be based on speed whereas the turbo point is based on driving skills. I guess I care more about the driving rather than speed..but you'd think if someone had a turbo they'd know how to drive it..oh well, either way I still hang on to my answer..I just prefer all motor. Is that better . I'm just not a Turbo fan..for MY car.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
Thedarkside
AF Regular

I hear you....not trying to be argumentative...but I think all-motors can be about speed (All motor class in drags) and turbos can be about driving too...I mean a turbo MRS won the GT300 Championship and it is a road racing series...it all depends on how you turbocharge and trying to keep that car in its powerband as well as reduce turbolag as much as possible...but I agree I personally prefer all-motor cars....what kinda car/motor are u building???
Old 10-07-2003, 01:16 PM   #6
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

I guess my view on Turbo is so biased and I guess some people wuold see it as being negative..But I live in Oregon and the Turbos that surroundme consist of CRAP work. You know, just because they have a turbo in their LS pushing like 9 PSI they drive around town gloating and talking crap on all motor cars. But anyway, I am currently working on my 94 4dr gsr..it's got a jdm dc2 motor right now but my bro needs a quick motor for college since he just sold his motor. so he's gonna use my dc2 and in the meantime i have had a b20 block in the shop for awhile and i just picked it up last week..so for now the b20vtec has je pistons and is bored over .020. I didnt think it was so bad for a girl.. oh i have some other stuff in my car as well as far as interior.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #7
Thedarkside
AF Regular

Re: A little poll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMsweetz
I guess my view on Turbo is so biased and I guess some people wuold see it as being negative..But I live in Oregon and the Turbos that surroundme consist of CRAP work. You know, just because they have a turbo in their LS pushing like 9 PSI they drive around town gloating and talking crap on all motor cars. But anyway, I am currently working on my 94 4dr gsr..it's got a jdm dc2 motor right now but my bro needs a quick motor for college since he just sold his motor. so he's gonna use my dc2 and in the meantime i have had a b20 block in the shop for awhile and i just picked it up last week..so for now the b20vtec has je pistons and is bored over .020. I didnt think it was so bad for a girl.. oh i have some other stuff in my car as well as far as interior.
No...I'm not dissing what you say because there are a lot of people around here with turbos too who think they're the shazamnit because of their turbo....its just a different way of making power...all-motor is definately the harder route to go because you have to know what your doing...but some motors are probably better suited to turbos then others...I mean look at what Toyota does with stock turbo motors, same with Audi...I wouldn't be so sad about giving up your DC2 though...that B20 has more potential if you want to all motor it because of the bigger block...Have you done any headwork (I know...hehehe he said "head"work ) ?? I think the K24 motor is going to an awesome motor to work on...should put those SRT Mopar motors to shame...
Old 10-07-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

Re: Re: A little poll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkside
No...I'm not dissing what you say because there are a lot of people around here with turbos too who think they're the shazamnit because of their turbo....its just a different way of making power...all-motor is definately the harder route to go because you have to know what your doing...but some motors are probably better suited to turbos then others...I mean look at what Toyota does with stock turbo motors, same with Audi...I wouldn't be so sad about giving up your DC2 though...that B20 has more potential if you want to all motor it because of the bigger block...Have you done any headwork (I know...hehehe he said "head"work ) ?? I think the K24 motor is going to an awesome motor to work on...should put those SRT Mopar motors to shame...
I haven't done anything to the b20 yet. it's still super new. Like I said before, that's literally all I have so far. lol. I have a GSR head for now until I can sell it and get a b16 head. Don't rush me! lol. I'm actually working on the interior right now..when i bought it..it was so ugly. I posted a description of it somewhere on these forums...how would I locate that? Ya..I'ma newbie. lol

oh yah, everyone on here is a pro at these smileys!!

jk
Old 10-07-2003, 04:47 PM   #9
Thedarkside
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: A little poll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMsweetz
I haven't done anything to the b20 yet. it's still super new. Like I said before, that's literally all I have so far. lol. I have a GSR head for now until I can sell it and get a b16 head. Don't rush me! lol. I'm actually working on the interior right now..when i bought it..it was so ugly. I posted a description of it somewhere on these forums...how would I locate that? Ya..I'ma newbie. lol

oh yah, everyone on here is a pro at these smileys!!

jk

LOL...c'mon...c'mon...IS IT DONE YET?????? No that's sweet...so the interiors coming first huh?? You should send your B20 head to Erick's racing and have him do some headwork on it...I bet you could get some pretty good power with that...will a B16 head even fit on a B20 block???

I'm a newbie 2 so for all the pros ( )
Old 10-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #10
JDMsweetz
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: A little poll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkside
LOL...c'mon...c'mon...IS IT DONE YET?????? No that's sweet...so the interiors coming first huh?? You should send your B20 head to Erick's racing and have him do some headwork on it...I bet you could get some pretty good power with that...will a B16 head even fit on a B20 block???

I'm a newbie 2 so for all the pros ( )
Hey..nice lil smiley faces there lol..Anyway I have GOT to work on the interior first..Here, I will explain what my car looked like when I bought it..

So the previous owner had the car custom painted baby blue. One day he decided he could do a better job so without preping, he redid the paint in a garage. needless to say it's shitty. He took the front sparco seats with him, the rear seats were so dirty i cant even sit on it. The doo rpanels and the dash and seat belt cover and center console had that cheap white vinyl on it. It was sooo dirty also and it was ripping off. The RPM gauge didnt even work. lol. The hood was all scrapped and dinted..faded. he had just backed up into something so the trunk is all Effed up. Carpet was nasty. OH! You know the lights on the headliner? Well, he COLORED it in with Red marker..lol so when you turn it on, you see the uneven streaks. The tail-lights were also colored in..he could have at least sprayed them red but I guess he is the empitamy of a ghetto ricer. You must ne wondering why I bought it now huh? lol.

But yah, so I have been occupied making the car cleanER..it's going pretty well. And I'm not getting any HEAD work done yet because I've gotto get rid of that GSR head for a b16. ANYONE reading this..I have a complete 97 GSR head for sale . PM or mail me for info..That was so off topic. Anyway I found a b16head thats been built..I just hafta debate for a good price now. But yah, if not..I'll bug you about it again and have you gimme a name to go to for that head But I am at school and I am getting side tracked cuz all of these boys are talking about NOS and how cool it is..lol. So..ill TTYL!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:19 PM   #11
Thedarkside
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A little poll...

Holy Crap!!! Talk about G-H-E-T-T-O!!! Damn that sucks you definately do have to work on your interior..especially if you can't even sit on it...And you should tell the boys who brag about the NOS that you don't want a 1-minute man if you know what I"m saying....

But this is what I have going....a JDM K20a motor that we're going to kill the VTEC on, raise the redline to 9,000rpm, install higher compression pistons, different cams, retune the ECU, port the heads (The exhaust ports need work I heard), install a new flywheel and then go from there.

Then there is also going to be a B18C motor we're going to build...still doing some research, but TODA makes these awesome individual fuel injector stacks....mmmmmMMMMM :22yikes:

My dream motor though is a Toyota 3SGTE, build the motor a little bit but also install a Greddy Turbocharger mmmmmm...in a MR2 Spyder body....mmmmmm

Isn't is snowing in Oregon right now...can't really do any racing can you?

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot