Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
JusticeKiss
AF Newbie

Noise in the dash

I have a rattling noise in my dash. Originally, I thought it might be a loose screw or bolt seeing as my pass. side dash airbag cover was punched in a bit. A few people have told me thats not the case, its coming from more behind where the heater is. It rattles whether im moving or sitting still, and driving me absolutely bonkers. Anyone else encounter this problem, or know what it could be?? Thanks
JusticeKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
Addix
AF Newbie

Re: Noise in the dash

Just a quick question, did you hear the noise with the A/C on or off? I doubt it would be your A/C, but you never know. But i'm guessing the rattling is from when the engine is just on, from vibration maybe or like i said, maybe the A/C unit is rattling if they said it sounds like it's behind the heater, maybe it's the heater.
Addix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
JusticeKiss
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addix
Just a quick question, did you hear the noise with the A/C on or off? I doubt it would be your A/C, but you never know. But i'm guessing the rattling is from when the engine is just on, from vibration maybe or like i said, maybe the A/C unit is rattling if they said it sounds like it's behind the heater, maybe it's the heater.

It rattles whether the heat/ac is on or off. Sometimes it will go 5-10 minutes without rattling, other then that, rattles on and off continuously all the time. Sometimes quieter then other times,but im dying to find the problem or possible problem without spending a ton of money. What about the heater would cause a rattling like that?? Any ideas??
Old 04-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
99avenger2.5
AF Newbie

i had a rattle on the pass side also. I thought it was coming from behind the dash but it ended up being the throtle linkage that is on the pass firewall under the hood. the rattel would happen on rough roads or over bumps.
99avenger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
JusticeKiss
AF Newbie

Is that expensive to fix?? Or easy to do yourself??? It could very well be just a loose screw, as the airbad was punched in a bit, but that's the best possible case other then a loose screw. Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
94StealthTT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 94StealthTT

If it rattles while in park then get out and investigate. Find out where it is coming from. That is the best way, just keep looking around for the source of the problem.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger