Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Initial D Japanese Cartoon Racing, Drifting and more.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Initial D live action. You pick the cast!

I saw this topic an another forum, thought you guys might like it.

Who in hollywood would you cast for the various roles in Initial D? Here's some examples for ya:

Takumi Fujiwara- What about James Van Der Beek? I don't know much about him. I just remember he's sorta blonde like Takumi. Can he can do the sleepy look?

Mogi Natsuki - Kirsten Dunst?

Takeuchi Itsuki- Jason Biggs. Tom Green is too old, unfortunately.

Ryosuke Takahashi- Billy Zane...if he has hair. Somebody else said Nicholas Cage.

Keisuke Takahashi- Hayden Christensen(sp?). The dude who was Anakin in Episode II. He can be brash at first, just like Anakin, and then get more focused later, like when he races Takeshi.

Takeshi Nakazato- Josh Hartnett. He has the whole ‘dark look’ to him, like Takeshi. Dress him up in dark clothes, give him extra thick eyebrows, and there you go.

Mako Sato- Heather Graham? Claire Forlani? I dunno.

Sayuki- Drew Barrymore. I dunno about her, either. At least she’s blonde.

Sudo Kyoichi- Vin Diesel. Just joking. Maybe Matt Damon if he can act tough enough. He was pretty good at it in The Bourne Identity.

Seiji Iwaki- Matt Schulze. Just Joking again. Maybe Ben Affleck. Oh wait, that’s worse. Forget it.

Shoji Shingo- Rick Yune. I would say I was joking, but Yune can really do the ‘mean look.’

Iketani- Paul Walker. Gotta have someone who can’t drive, right?

Kenji- Ashton Kutcher?

Bunta Fujiwara- Clint Eastwood. The emotions of a rock, and has the squinted eyes. Perfect! If he’s too expensive to cast, get Steven Segal. He could use some work.hehe

Yuuichi- Jason Alexander, or Rodney Dangerfield if he isn't too old.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Re: Initial D live action. You pick the cast!

Quote:
Originally posted by VQuick
Iketani- Paul Walker. Gotta have someone who can’t drive, right?
hahaa...I like that one

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
New Reaper
AF Newbie

The idea is cool but the cast idea is weak in theory if they would do a livee action movie I say find all unknowns to play the cast. I say the closest would be Rick Yune but that is it. But this is just a nobody's opinion
New Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:30 AM   #4
Ragnarok043
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Ragnarok043
i dunno if you guys know this or not but Media Asia Group is making a live action Initial D movie and Jacky Chan will be directing. it stars Andy Lau as Bunta, Edison Chan as Takumi and Natsuki will be played by either a Korean or Japanese actress, im not sure about the rest of the cast. they even had Toyota rebuild 3 AE86s for the film, most of it will be shot in Singapore and Malaysia and itll also most likey to be in Cantonese.
Ragnarok043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
Forhod
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok043
most of it will be shot in Singapore and Malaysia and itll also most likey to be in Cantonese.
I would love to see them filming in Singapore
Hope they can make it in English...

Forhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:31 PM   #6
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
i dunno if you guys know this or not but Media Asia Group is making a live action Initial D movie and Jacky Chan will be directing. it stars Andy Lau as Bunta, Edison Chan as Takumi and Natsuki will be played by either a Korean or Japanese actress, im not sure about the rest of the cast. they even had Toyota rebuild 3 AE86s for the film, most of it will be shot in Singapore and Malaysia and itll also most likey to be in Cantonese.
Are you seriuos?

Do you have any links to the news?

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #7
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, I heard about the HK film. I thought it was put on hold, though.

I thought it'd be interesting to see what celebrities you guys thought could take the role of Initial D characters.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:53 PM   #8
Ragnarok043
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by NSX

Are you seriuos?

Do you have any links to the news?
heres the link, its in Chinese though but heres a translation. i think youre right VQuick i heard its been put on hold too, i think its becuz Andy Lau has some legal issues to deal with. so theyre waiting for him.

http://news.1chinastar.com/ll/fanti/1109836.shtml

(As of 1-13-2002) Media Asia Group will investment HK$60,000,000. Will start filming a movie based on the popular manga (Initial D). Andy Lau (40 years old) will play Edison Chan (21 years old)ˇ¦s Father, also invites Marchy Lee (professor racer) and Kato Jim (son of famous racer in HK) to perform their skills.

At first Media Asia Group announced the investment of HK$60,000,000 to film Initial D, Edison Chan will be Takumi Fujiwara, also Jackie Chan was asked to be the producer. Other characters is TBA. Last month at the press conference of the 5 major motion company (includes: Media Asia Group, Teamwork Motion Pictures, FILMKO Pictures, ???? and ????), Andy Lau admits that he will be participating in the film, but did not give any details.

(Custom Made Original Battle Car from Japan)

Inside news, Andy Lau will be playing Bunta Fujiwara, (who appears to be an tofu shop owner, but underneath is an expert driver), along with Edison Chan, they will be playing father and son. Because the ˇ§battle carˇ¨ used by them to deliver tofu, is a Toyota AE86, which currently has been discontinued. The company had contacted Japan to custom make 3 cars for the filming and to protect the safety of the Andy Lau and Edison Chan when they drive it.

Edison Chan is taking driving lesson for the film, because he usually drives an Auto. So that he can perform Takumiˇ¦s special ˇ§driftingˇ¨ techniques. Also Marchy Lee and Kato Jim will be showing off their skills in the movie.

(Filming starts mid year, location: Singapore and Malaysia)

The movie company and the original author of the manga, Shigeno, Shuichi are working on the script. Because the role of Takumiˇ¦s girlfriend will be played by a young Korean or Japanese actress, still doing casting. Thatˇ¦s why the filming was delayed until summer to start officially filming. The location will be in the region of Malaysia and Singapore. Further details was not disclosed by Media Asia Group. Their reply was ˇ§ we are currently working very close with Japan, the roles will be disclosed once everything is set.ˇ¨

(First big screen appearance for Marchy Lee and Kato Jim)

In order to capture a ˇ§Real Feelˇ¨ for ˇ§ Initial Dˇ¨, Andy Lau has hired the 2 new rising star of the asian race world, Marchy Lee and Kato Jim. Marchy Lee has been trained at a young age to be a racer. In 2000, he got on the French racing team La Flirer, became Hong Kongˇ¦s first professional formula 3 racer.

Kato Jim, has a title of ˇ§Young Car Godˇ¨, placed 2nd in ˇ§Asian Formula 2000ˇ¨ and ˇ§the 48th Macau Grand Prixˇ¨. He didnˇ¦t shame the honor his fatherˇ¦s title (Car God), with the skills of these 2 drivers, playing a role in the movie Initial D will be a breeze.

(Park, Ji Joon, Boa to play Takumiˇ¦s Girlfriend, Natsuki)

In the story, the other important role is Takumiˇ¦s girlfriend, Natsuki. At this point the Company wants to get a Japanese or Korean actress to play the part. From Japan, Boa who started about a year ago, who received the almost all new artist awards. From Korean Ji Joon Park, the sexy singer. Both hot stars, casting them wont be an easy role.

(Story synopsis)

Andy Lau plays Bunta Fujiwara, tofu shop owner, but secretly he is the legendary, fastest driver of Akina Mountain. Bunta disguises the choir of delivering tofu everyday to secretly train his son Takumi, (who possess incredible potential) into an excellent driver. Even though, Takumiˇ¦s skills are incredible, and no one can defeat him. In the later part of the story, the battle is between the father and son, at the end Bunta easily defeats Takumi, showing that once again he is the faster driver.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:06 PM   #9
Marc-OS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Marc-OS Send a message via AIM to Marc-OS
From what I heard, a lot of the actors that will be in the movie suck. So I don't have my hopes up very high for this movie if it does get made.
Marc-OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:18 AM   #10
Ragnarok043
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc-OS
From what I heard, a lot of the actors that will be in the movie suck. So I don't have my hopes up very high for this movie if it does get made.
i dunno they seems to be trying to get top name actors and actresses for this movie, Andy Lau himself is a very good actor.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:25 AM   #11
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Quote:

In the later part of the story, the battle is between the father and son, at the end Bunta easily defeats Takumi, showing that once again he is the faster driver.[/i]
That would be really cool to see. But who would get the 86?
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #12
Ragnarok043
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowMaranello

That would be really cool to see. But who would get the 86?
Takumi gets the 86, later on he gets busy with school and the racing team he no longer has time to deliver tofu so Bunta gets an Impreza.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #13
Drfthis
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drfthis
those holleywood peps are too dorkey to play initial d charcters i would pay to see a move with clenteast wood as bunta tho
Drfthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:44 AM   #14
Drfthis
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drfthis
those holleywood peps are too dorkey to play initial d charcters i would pay to see a move with clenteast wood as bunta tho
Drfthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #15
Monkey-Magic-S15-R
Banned

is this the allstars cast ? what no i would only do it if the whole cast was japanese it wouldn't be right otherwise

but clinteastwood as bunta ....... he got the squintin down
Monkey-Magic-S15-R is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D