Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
jenks34
AF Newbie

97 bravada transfer case problems...maybe

i have a 97 bravada that i just purchased about two months ago. and about two weeks ago when driving for 10 to 30 minutes, when the car shifts from first to second the car like jolts foward when shifting. it just depends when it wasnt to do it and once it does it once it doesnt stop. does anyone know what the problem might be. i bought a transfer actuator but havent put it on yet becuase i simply cant find where it is located on the car. i assume its the transfer case because it shifts just fine before its starts doin it. havent taken it in yet to get it professionally looked at becaue im hoping to do it myself or have one of my realitves do it. i bought one of those books but it doesnt seem to help. does anyone know where i can get a transfer case diagram or anything or might have ahd this problem or know of what the problem might be.. thank you for your time....
jenks34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
muddog321
AF -Advisor

Re: 97 bravada transfer case problems...maybe

No its the transmission and time to change the filter - the TCC gets crap in it and most times a filter and the 5 qts of fluid fix it. Increases the pump pressure to max so the bump. Also on the full time transfer case change the fluid in that to the new Blue syn type from the dealer called AutoTrak to save the clutch packs in it believe 2qts at $7 each - get some chatter from the older red Dexron fluids so an update came out - same for all the Autotrac cases NP236 with 4 button!
muddog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
Rammer500
AF Newbie

The transfer case is all machanical. There is no actuator in the Borg-Warner 4472 transfer case that in your 97. Your transmission, as mentioned before, needs serviced. Fluid and fiter change is a good idea.
Change the transfer case fluid also. Dexron automatic transmission fluid is all that is needed. This transfer case uses a vicous coupling and no clutches.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks34
i have a 97 bravada that i just purchased about two months ago. and about two weeks ago when driving for 10 to 30 minutes, when the car shifts from first to second the car like jolts foward when shifting. it just depends when it wasnt to do it and once it does it once it doesnt stop. does anyone know what the problem might be. i bought a transfer actuator but havent put it on yet becuase i simply cant find where it is located on the car. i assume its the transfer case because it shifts just fine before its starts doin it. havent taken it in yet to get it professionally looked at becaue im hoping to do it myself or have one of my realitves do it. i bought one of those books but it doesnt seem to help. does anyone know where i can get a transfer case diagram or anything or might have ahd this problem or know of what the problem might be.. thank you for your time....
As said a good filter and fluid service and check for codes.
Post back any code no.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
jenks34
AF Newbie

the only code it spits out is a 1870 and a code for the oxygen sensor
jenks34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
ericn1300
AF Premium User

just a fluid and filter change, don't fall for the tranny flush. a flush can dislodge crud that's best left where it is on an older vehicle like yours and actually shorten the life of the tranny.
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

P01870 Transmission Component Slippage Detected
See if a chain type auto parts store will reset your DTC after the fluid & filter change. If you have a shop to change the fluid & filter, see if they'll reset the DTC after the change.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis