Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 850
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
jazztao
AF Newbie

Post 850 Thermostat housing

Just got this '95 850 wagon a few months ago. Love it! This week, the thermostat went out, so I bought all the tools I needed to replace it along with a new thermostat and gasket. The torx head bolts that secure the unit were stuck, and after trying several methods and determining that any more of my good intentions would strip the heads, I went out this morning and purchased an impact wrench (manual--I don't have a compressor).

Got everything ready to go, WD-40'd the bolts, put the wrench on that baby...and on the 3rd blow I cracked the housing. Anti-freeze everywhere, and another job to take care of.

My question is: Is the housing itself a special order part or can I find it at a local parts store? It looks like a fairly straight forward job to remove and replace; is it? Or, should I bite the bullet and have it towed to the garage on Monday?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
jazztao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
HAVAUTO
AF Newbie

Re: 850 Thermostat housing

dealer part only job is not that easy 3 bolts hold the housing on pain to get to the bottom one. buy the thermostat cover also with new bolts.
HAVAUTO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 850