Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 850
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
Stradale360
AF Newbie

Any Turbo problems with 850 Turbo???

I am looking to buy a 95 Volvo 850 Turbo, but my dad is nervous that the Turbo on the 850 will possibly break causing a very pricey bill. I was wondering if anyone that has an 850 Turbo has had any problems with their turbocharger that needed a fix. If you could, name the problem, and how much it was to fix. Thanks!
Stradale360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
volvospeed850turbo
AF Newbie

Hey whats up? I am 18 and have a Turbo T5-R. It is the best car ever. It isn't a good first car because it has a lot of power that you don't need and it is expensive to work on, but I haven't had any major problems and the car has 124,000miles on it. It is a great family car that you can throw into short and outrun many expensive luxery sedans. Go head a get it because it will run forever with the correct care. I take immaculate care of mine
volvospeed850turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
antmanhk
AF Newbie

Re: Any Turbo problems with 850 Turbo???

bought an 850T w. a blown turbo
repair was USD300 parts (second hand) and USD150 labour, also fitted a turbo timer
am currently experiencing some performance problems again but I do not think that it is the turbo even though i have a lack of boost, possibly in engine management or something stupid.

Owned a helluva a lot of cars, volvo's have lots of stupid little problems, annoying, but I drive it hard, daily, and I would definitely consider getting another.

I drive an 850T wagon, throw in the dogs, surfboard on top, 5 friends and it still kicks ass - brakes can get a little smoky though

There's only one way to learn - and your old man should be happy in that if you do make a mistake wouldnt he be happier that you are in a Volvo?
antmanhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
nismo4banger
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to nismo4banger
Re: Any Turbo problems with 850 Turbo???

The 850 turbos have a boost gauge on the dash. As long as it holds boost, it should be OK. If it doesn't hold boost, chances are theres a boost leak in the intercooler elbows. Not a big deal to replace. The stock 15g turbo is cheap, because a lot of people upgrade to a 16t, 18t, or a 19t.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 850