Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Excel
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
jspinhirne
AF Newbie

Question Engines turns over but does not start

Problem: I stink at cars but can do a lot of basic stuff with the right information. 94 Excel was running fine, came home the other day and accidently left the lights on. Was inside for ten minutes, walked out and noticed headlights not on but parking lights were on. Turned off lights and tried to start car. Engine will turn but will not start. Headlights still do not work.

What I have done: The battery is only two months old. Alternator test fine(pulled it and had it tested when I replaced the batter). I have replaced the plugs, wire, cap, and rotar. I get spark from the spark plug. A lot of gas comes out of the fuel filter, so pump and filter are fine. I tried a new coil but did not make a difference. From what I can tell I have good compression also.

I found something on fusible Link Fuses and found them in two locations. I found one pack of three on the positive batter terminal wire. No markings for what they are and they looked fine. I found a second pack on the driver side of the engine firewall. This pack also had other fuses in it. The other fuses were metal casing and square. One is listed has 'Headlamp'. I am asuming that this one is blown since my headlamps don't work. The Fusible link fuses "LOOK" fine but I am not sure. I pulled the fuses and reseated them to make sure they had a good connection but that did not do anything. The fusible links are as follow. 50A Batt+ , 20A MPI (what is an MPI), 30A H/Lamp (what is this?), and 30A IGN SW (I assume this means IGNITION SWITCH). The Fusible Links "look" fine so I am at a complete lost. .

I read a couple posts about a "Noise Filter" but my chiltons manual makes no mention of it. I also read a few about the EGR, ECU, and other acronyms and have no clue what they are talking about. Also found a post on crankshaft sensor but again can not find anything about it in my chiltons manual. I have no clue what any of that stuff is. I really wish I did but I don't. My dad and I are out of ideas and we need help.

Any help would be great appreciated
jspinhirne is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Excel