Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #1
Dianaraces
AF Newbie

Question Misfire in cylinder #2 in 1995 Chevy Blazer 4.3

It started with a misfire in #2 cylinder diagnosed with a scan tool. Changed plugs, wires, distributor and rotor. Cleared message on vehicle using scan tool to eliminate the Service Engine Soon message on dash. Within less than 1/4 mile Service Engine Soon message reappeared. Car runs rough especially idiling and at speeds under 35. (probably don't notice it at higher speeds). Someone has suggested a fuel leak in #2 cylinder-does anyone have any suggestions on what to do now?
Thanks for all replies.
D
Dianaraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
engco463
AF Newbie

just a simple check

the 95's were a bastard year for GM they tested all the new stuff out on them.

my 95 had the same symptoms that you are describing.

take a fuel pressure tester and hook it to the test port, turn key to engage the pump and watch the pressure. after the pump stops, watch the gauge if it drops the fuel pressure regulator is probably shot.

although this can mean the pulsator in the tank is bad also but i would lean toward the regulator,

bad thing is prior to 95 it was an external 20 dollar part in 95 it became a 400 dollar part that is all one piece with the cmfi system.

i picked one up out of a used engine for 200 dollars and about 45 minutes of time you can have the piece installed and running again.

if it has just started, you will start noticing a high comsuption of fuel,

then it progresses to the smell of raw fuel out of the exhaust, rich code readings.

when i had the problems, two dealers and 3 mechanics were just replacing parts.. egr, o2 sensor and such. I found a mechanics web site in california that described with pictures the same exact situation with the blazer they were working on and thats how i found out what was wrong.

just try that check and maybe that will help you stear in the right direction.

it eventually killed the cataletic and exhaust system so i had to replace that too

god luck
engco463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
blazerman47
AF Newbie

Re: Misfire in cylinder #2 in 1995 Chevy Blazer 4.3

I have a 98 with a CSFI and got a code for a misfire on #4 and 3. Had the tipop replaced and the scope showed the issue persisted. It ran great got 20mpg but in cold weather she will not start. It's 14 below and it just cranks no fire. Noticed the idle would be stuck on 1000 rpm when it should read 650. Any ideas
blazerman47 is offline   Reply With Quote