Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 10:42 PM   #16
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Colours to me matter a fair bit, I wouldn't want to brands of the same colour, Balck M5's are awesome, the look so much like Government cars and a Yellow M3 is just awesome because I think that BMW only makes that colour for the Z3 Series and M3 so it's rare. BtW, what's an SXr, We don't get them over here in Canada.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 03:15 AM   #17
Lambo_BoY
AF Enthusiast

Yeah Porche i see wut you mean....

Just like some yellow cars are seen to like Cabs....

SXR is a new developed super car, it is not on the market yet. but the company reckon its going to beat the McLaren F1 and the F50.. it look really good in the magzine.

Hopfully it will be on the market next year. but they said they only making 40 of them, 5 every colour. Specs i am not sure, but its going to Mid Driving possition, Indi car style Gears if you want to know more of the car, i try to get hold of the magzine, and post on the site.

btw, how you get the porche badge under your name.?
Lambo_BoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #18
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Cool, that thing sounds like it will be very powerful, and there only making 40!?! Sounds liek you will be the owner of a VERY exclusive car! As for the Porsche badge, it's called an Avatar and when you reach 100 Posts you can go to your profile and under options you can put on on. Ask Igor for more details on size and stuff.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
I'd've
Quote:
Old 08-20-2001, 01:38 PM   #19
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
Colours to me matter a fair bit, I wouldn't want to brands of the same colour, Balck M5's are awesome, the look so much like Government cars
I love black M5's that is my current dream car, among others though. i have the vid of tiff nedell driving that for Top Gear, oh momma!
Old 08-20-2001, 06:04 PM   #20
Lambo_BoY
AF Enthusiast

THat's Ture porche.

i'll get the magzine in a few days, scan it and show it to you guys, its so cool!

mean while i have only 10 post to go, a few more chicks i'll get my avator

hahaha!!

oopps
Lambo_BoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 02:21 PM   #21
scumbag
AF Newbie

Two Car Family

You could add the Ferrari F-50 anytime to my garage...probably not duplicated in any social circles you might travel in.
Keep in mind about girls and cars. Many won't know anything about them except the color. I pointed out a Porsche to the boss(wife) and she looked it over and though it was just another cheap car.
Have you thought about adding a Lamborghini powered yacht to your motoring garage? A Lamborghini, babe and water...yes that would be living.

.....................Scumbag
scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 08:17 PM   #22
slagwater
AF Newbie

While I must say that yellow isn't my favorite color, I have to add that the Roadster is my favorite car. A week ago I drove the 2000 Millenium Edition Roadster home for the first time. (It looks just like the pic's at Lambocar's site and I'll get some pic's up shortly) The car is totally amazing and having it convertable makes it more fun.

I agree with Dogsbreath's comments comparing the 355 to the Diablo. One of my partners drives a 355 and he lives in the city and there it's clearly more pratical than the Diablo. Yet, the Diablo is certainly HOTTER and more of a jaw-dropper. I stayed away from Ferraris bcuz here in the US we have what I call the Vette-syndrome. That is, in my opinion, too many newish Ferrari's simply look like fancy Corvettes. The Diablos have, as we all love, a different and, IMO, more exciting look.

I'm happy to have found this forum and to meet classy people that actually own and drive these superb autos.

In responce to a couple questions here asking what people do to afford a quarter million dollar car like the Diablo, I'm 43 and help run a Chicago stock options trading firm.

Abstract..I gotta tell you that your Alpine edition is SMOKING Hot !!

...slag...
slagwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 12:28 AM   #23
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by slagwater

In responce to a couple questions here asking what people do to afford a quarter million dollar car like the Diablo, I'm 43 and help run a Chicago stock options trading firm.
yes, you're just the person i was lookin for. I'm REALLY interested in business, and i want the wall st. type of job

can you tell me what to do to be succesful with business? I'd like to know what jobs are the best in business, which ones make the most money and which ones are easiest to be succesful in..... I really like stocks and that type of stuff, so could you help me out?

after seein Boiler Room i thought hey, i need to join a crooked Stock Brokerage firm hehe

is it hard getting a job on wall st? or the same type of job in chicago?
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 06:21 PM   #24
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

So, Gan$tarr, it sounds like you want to one of those guys who can buy just about anything? I'd like to be on Wall Street too, but cars have won me over, I'd choose a Lawyer as an proffesion if I couldn't be a Car Designer or Driver. Keep asking for advice cause I'd say that Wall Street will let you buy a Diablo or 2 so keep at it.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
I'd've
Quote:
Old 08-28-2001, 07:01 PM   #25
abstract
AF Regular

Welcome, Slagwater. Glad to have you here. I look forward to hearing your comments.

Can you post pics of your car please?
Old 08-29-2001, 01:11 AM   #26
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah that's what i'd like..... i just need some more info on what's available and what's the best business profession to enter
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo