Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
Marc-OS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Marc-OS Send a message via AIM to Marc-OS
Tranny questions and turbo questions...

Ok, kind of a newbie to this kind of stuff, so be nice. I've got 97 240sx, and I'm replacing the tranny with one from a '93 240 that my friends and I are going to rebuild. Are there any aftermarket tranny parts I can get to beef up the tranny? Stronger synchro's, taller/shorter gears, etc? Also, I want to get an aftermarket clutch and flywheel, I haven't looked into yet, but do I need to order the clutch/flywheel for a 93 or a 97? Now for the turbo question...I may be getting a homemade turbo kit, with pretty much everything but fuel management. It's got the 370cc injectors, but nothing to control the fuel. What would you suggest for a low/mid price solution?

4/8/04 - My CRX is officially dead, RIP Lucy
Marc-OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:40 AM   #2
raven_240
AF Newbie

Re: Tranny questions and turbo questions...

not sure what low mid price means to you, but for the fuel you could have Jimwolf reprogram your ecu not sure of the cost, or what i did is get the Apexi SAFC-2 works up to somewhere to the 600cc range before you cant lean it out enouph to run a stock fuel for those slow days. I know it works with 550cc inj just fine.

Im realy not shure about your tranny prob. If they have diffrent setups you would have to buy a 93 clutch.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX