Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 08:56 AM   #1
davlou
AF Newbie

Lightbulb 1998 JXI engine performance

Does anyone know if a "superchip" exits for the 2.7, 168 hp sebring engine. If not a chip, any tips on how to increase HP.

Engine performance is OK but a little more HP, 25% would make a world of difference
davlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
BLANCOKRACKER
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to BLANCOKRACKER
this car isn't really meant to go fast at least not these year models

i have a lxi, and yes i know its a little less hp and different engine, but i doubt by much at all. My car is also a 98 and an integra gs ,or whatever the lowest is, automatic beats my car were both stock. but the sebring i believe has 40 more hp.

To get real power youll have to find a turbo or supercharger. screw the nos though.
BLANCOKRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 08:29 AM   #3
sebringstud
AF Newbie

Sebring JXi Performance

True..our sebring (Convertibles) weren't designed to go fast, but they can be.
With all the work that Lingenfelter has done on my car, I went from 180 (After personal mods) to almost 400 (dyno)..Now that is a respectable number for any vehicle.
And yes, that was using nitrous, but I have yet had to rebuild it. I've got forged pistons, ground crane cams, port/polish, bore.. Along with a 100 shot of nitrous, hypertech performance/overdrive chip, and a cool air.. If you get a cool air intake, you will defititly feel and hear the difference.. Hope that I was of some help...Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Ben (sebringstud)

benthornburgh@yahoo.com
sebringstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
BLANCOKRACKER
AF Newbie

shoot 400 hp is very respectable on a car that hardly anybody mods, at least the sebring version. lots of people modify avengers. Do you use avenger parts or are they all custom. And how much did this cost. Lol one more thing any pics?
Old 11-29-2002, 06:23 PM   #5
sebringstud
AF Newbie

My mods

No, you can't use avenger parts on a sebring convertible..They're not compatible..That's the funny thing about them..
Avengers' sister cars are the Eclipse/Sebring coupe

Now the covertible is a colpletely different story..Its' sister cars are the 'cloud' cars (cirrus, stratus, and breeze)
The convertibles are basically cirruses with stretched wheelbases and tracks.. So everything had to be custom

All together, since when I bought the car it was the size of a geo metro, I had to rebuild just about everything and have a shop use a semi frame rack to stretch it back out so they could put it on a regular frame rack..
You said that you wanted pictures, so I thought that I'll just post the site that my car is on onto here. Thanks for the questions. Hit back and tell me what you think..

www.cardomain.com/id/sebringstud

Sicncerely,
Ben (sebringstud)
Old 11-29-2002, 06:33 PM   #6
sebringstud
AF Newbie

Cost and Ideas

I almost forgot.. The total cost with the car's rebuild and with the performance and entertainment, the total cost (and I just finally added all of this up the other night) is just under $47,000
I know, I know...crazy... But I have a dream....lol

I plan to make this the most outrageous sebring convertible out there...
That's why next winter I will be having VERY heavy performance work done to it.. Yes... We're going to a v8, rear-wheel drive, 5-speed..It will be expensive and time consuming, but I've checked on whether or not the frame can handle it and everybody says that after how much its been beefed up that it could handle a hemi...(lol..I wish) If I do put a v8 into it, I will go small-block with something like a 318..

I know that it sounds rediculous, but it's what I think (so far) that I want to do..lol...Who knows..I might change my mind about that (Hopefully, so my fiance won't kill me...lol) and I might just throw the kit and wing that I'm getting on it, have Lingenfelter twin turbo it, and call it quits...

What do you all advise? Feel free to tell me what you think about my sight and about my ideas..

Have a great evening.

Sincerely,
Ben (Sebringstud)
Old 11-29-2002, 10:39 PM   #7
BLANCOKRACKER
AF Newbie

nice car! I like how the lxi looks better though, with the white rims and white coat. u say its the same as a breeze??? isn't that a neon basically??? anyways all and all pretty good, i voted for air ride. if i had the money id put it on all my cars, especially the minivan. so whats lingenfelter about the car? did they do the performance work or are they parts from them?
Old 11-30-2002, 08:21 AM   #8
sebringstud
AF Newbie

1998 JXi Engine Performance

Nope, not even close to a neon..I was just giving you an idea as to what kind of car it would have run with..Now I run with a lot of mustangs, firebirds, and occasionally vettes.. Thanks for voting and Lingenfelter has done my drivetrain work..

Sincerely,
Ben (sebringstud)
Old 05-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #9
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

what type of cold intake is good for this car? (AEM, Injen, etc.) and would it be better to use a select intake pipe , AEM for example, and use a K&N cone filter on it? about how much HP can i gain?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #10
antiliberal12
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 JXI engine performance

bump
antiliberal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #11
shortyus2
AF Newbie

Re: Cost and Ideas

I got a 97' sebring conv. and was just wondering how much would it cost to put a cold air intake on? Like everyone else my car lacks the power that i want it to have! I can see how you say the sister cars to the sebring are basically the cirrus,stratus, and breeze! The car to me for a v6 just seems really slow and i'm looking to add some more power. Would this be a way to get some extra horsepower that's effective?
shortyus2 is offline   Reply With Quote