Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #1
cornfedd
AF Newbie

No oil drain

I have a 1992 Plymouth laser rs non-turbo. The car has been sitting undriven for over a year. Recently decided to get it back up and running and started off trying to change the oil.

Problem: The oil will not drain from the car. I figure it must be some serious sludge down in the pan, but even probing a bit inside the drain hole with a long screwdriver gets me nothing more than a small trickle.

I also show no oil pressure and dare not run the car for any length of time.

Question: Is there any other possible cause for this other than big sludge build up and is there any solution other than dropping oil pan/and or overhauling/cleaning engine?

Dropping the oil pan while the car is full of oil doesnt sound like fun to me and the car isnt really worth an engine rebuild in my opinion. Any clever ideas would be greatly appreciated.
cornfedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:32 AM   #2
hellraiser319

Send a message via AIM to hellraiser319 Send a message via Yahoo to hellraiser319
Re: No oil drain

are you sure its got oil in it? all the oil coulda leaked out of a seal or somethin and that could be why nothings comin out. did you check the dipstick? i have a camaro that sat for longer than a year and a half and that oil had 20k some miles on it and that didnt sludge up, so either thats some bad oil or you got a leak u need to find. if it is sludge, Gunk makes a fluid that you dump in, run the engine for 5 minutes on idle and it supposedly clears out all the sludge and breaks it down to a more manageable state. if you suspect sludge, might wanna give this a try. i didnt really use it yet, other than to dip a toothbrush in to clean off my heads cuz all my drain ports were completely blocked and that was the only thing i had to clean it. seems to break up stuff real easy tho. anyway hope i gave u a few things to think about...
hellraiser
hellraiser319 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion