Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
nobody2
AF Newbie

1990 slipping clutch and rubbing noise

I swapped out my AT for a 1986 5 speed MT. I put a new pilot bearing, friction plate, clutch pack, and release bearing in. I re used the fly wheel off of the 86 bronco. I finally took the vehicle for the first test drive and found that when the clutch is fully engaged it's slipping. The cover plate between the fly wheel and engine block is also rubbing a bit on the back side of the fly wheel. One thing that happened while installing the transmission the reservoir hose for the hydraulic clutch came off of the fitting and may have introduced air into the system. The clutch is disengaging fine so I'm not sure if this would cause the clutch to slip or not. I intend on bleeding the hydraulic clutch system to eliminate this as a root cause. The other thing is the rubbing noise from the cover plate and the fly wheel. I used a washer as a spacer which stopped the rubbing noise, but as I drove it the noise came back, and got progressively louder, until I thought my flywheel might of loosened off. So I stopped and tried to inspect the flywheel but I couldn't see anything. When I get back in the vehicle the noise stopped and it seems normal again, except for the clutch slipping. Any idea what would cause this noise or the slipping?
nobody2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
J-Roc
AF Newbie

Re: 1990 slipping clutch and rubbing noise

Tackle one problem at a time. Sounds like you need to bleed the clutch and adjust the pedal or bar the actuates the fork.
J-Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
J-Roc
AF Newbie

Tackle one problem at a time. Sounds like you need to bleed the clutch and adjust the pedal or bar that actuates the fork.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:09 PM   #4
J-Roc
AF Newbie

Just a note, I'm not sure if you can, but make sure you didnt install the flywheel backwards...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco