Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
Nickkzx
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nickkzx
Ticket =)

Ok, I was up in Ontario Looking for drag racing to happen, I was following my friend, he uturned and I went left and I didnt want to get lost so I made a uturn in the dead street where I turned on....any how cop saw gave me a ticket. Says basically I crossed a highway dividine. At the bottom of the description it says (racer) yet there is no evidence.....How much do you guys think my insurance will go up..... I have a clean record and a 1997 GLE Maxima
Nickkzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 11:17 PM   #2
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
That sounds like a good ticket to fight. You were erring on the side of caution by not making the U-turn where your friend did. "For safety's sake," right?

Explain more why the cop wrote "racer" on the ticket...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 11:24 PM   #3
Nickkzx
AF Regular

what do you mean

What do you mean erring on the side of the road for caution

He wrote racer on there because I have those ricee side markers on my maxima, and the thing is completely stock except for the clear turn singals front and back.....he also explained to me that on fri/sat nights you should avoid ontario due to the "illegal street racing." Which I had "no Idea" it was going on.

Anyhow I raced a v6 Cougar 5 speed which was modified and barely beat me my a bumper. I raced a v6 older accord and beat it. And I raped on a dodge stratus. Way to go maxima automatic power.......anyhow I wasnt really racing.
Old 08-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #4
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Re: what do you mean

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickkzx
What do you mean erring on the side of the road for caution
That's what you're going to tell the judge when you go to court to fight the ticket. "Your honor, I turned left instead of making a U-turn like my friend because I thought it was a safer maneuver. I made my U-turn on an empty side-street to be out of harm's way."

But, you seem to contradict yourself:
Quote:
Anyhow I raced a v6 Cougar 5 speed which was modified and barely beat me my a bumper. I raced a v6 older accord and beat it. And I raped on a dodge stratus. Way to go maxima automatic power.......anyhow I wasnt really racing.
Were you, or were you not, racing? And what did the cop see you do?
Old 08-12-2001, 11:42 PM   #5
Nickkzx
AF Regular

Race

Of course I did race, but the cop had no fkn idea and I raced after I got the ticket.

And you think that shit will really work, because I already used my freebie traffic school so I probably have to take care of it Head On and deal with insurance hike and shit So i might as well fight it ehh!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #6
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Well, if you already went to traffic school in the last 18 months, you may as well fight it.

What county was your last ticket in? (The one you went to traffic school for.) If it wasn't San Berdoo county, you may be able to just go to traffic school again, and no one will know... The counties' databases often don't talk to each other like they should.

What agency was the cop from? What he actually saw is important, because the PD will most likely make him show up to court to testify against you.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:09 AM   #7
Nickkzx
AF Regular

well

I got my ticket in Marino Valley I think is what the cop said, but I got my other ticket in my home town of Orange County Laguna Niguel. Anyways yes they were both different counties. and I LAST COMPLETED TRAFFIC SCHOOL 11 months ago but i got my other ticket 18 months ago.

He was from ONTARIO PD. And what actually is good is there was a railroad crossing where this occured. I made a uturn, turned right and he told me to pull up more because he was on the railroad tracks. So depending on the stupidity of the officer this could be good
Old 08-13-2001, 12:10 AM   #8
Nickkzx
AF Regular

I mean stupidity of the judge.

Ok and I heard this, If I send them a check for like 1 penny over.....it takes a few extra months to process because they have to send me the money back and it causes a big ordeal, so should I attempt this?
Old 08-13-2001, 12:12 AM   #9
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

San Bernardino County.

You may just be able to pay the fee and go to T/School again to keep the points off your record and your insurance low. When you get the ticket, if T/S is an option, take it. It's probably the easiest way. And at least your insurance company won't know.

Let us know what you do.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:18 AM   #10
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickkzx
I mean stupidity of the judge.
Don't ever bet on this.
Quote:
Ok and I heard this, If I send them a check for like 1 penny over.....it takes a few extra months to process because they have to send me the money back and it causes a big ordeal, so should I attempt this?
I heard of this trick from traffic school! Write the check for the fine, but transpose some numbers to make it believable. Ex: fine is $157, send the check for 175. The county clerk will have to cut you a check for the difference ($18), but the point can't be posted to your driving record until the case is closed, and the case won't be closed until you cash the check and they get it back.

Anyone ever try this? I've never really heard if it works or not...
Old 08-13-2001, 12:43 AM   #11
Nickkzx
AF Regular

Fuck Yeah

Fuck YEAH I am trying this shit. Sounds fkn funny as hell too. Thanx for the help S2000 guy
Old 08-13-2001, 12:44 AM   #12
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

No sweat. Let us know what happens.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35