Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 05:39 PM   #1
96pearlmax
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to 96pearlmax
Question sidemarkers

I was wanting to replace the stock yellowish bulb with a Raybrig hyperblue wedge bulb, but i dont exactly know how to take the lense out. I dont want to break any of them. The one right beside the headlight. I already have the hyperblue headlights, and it looks pretty dumb right beside those yellowish bulbs. So if anybody knows any information please let me know................:flash:
96 GLE pearl white,black leather int, se gauges, pop charger, clears & altezzas, hid lights,17in enkei shoguns, nitto 235-55-17, blue blinkers and corners, silver dash kit, euro reverse gauges, spoiler added
96pearlmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 08:47 AM   #2
punabuds
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to punabuds
What I do is unscrew the screw at the top of the light (yeah you have to open the hood). Look in between the headlight and the clearance light towards the bottom and you'll see the little knob that holds it (clearnance light) to the housing. Stick a long narrow screwdriver in next to that and pop it out. You should then be able to slide the clearance light out. If needed you could get some WD40 and spray the area of the knob to make it a little easier to remove the light. Hope that helps.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:03 AM   #3
96pearlmax
AF Newbie

Well somehow I managed to just reach down and twist the old bulb out. Im so glad to get those crappy things out!!! It looks ten times better. I went on and put the blues in my bumper lights to....
96 GLE pearl white,black leather int, se gauges, pop charger, clears & altezzas, hid lights,17in enkei shoguns, nitto 235-55-17, blue blinkers and corners, silver dash kit, euro reverse gauges, spoiler added
Old 08-09-2001, 01:10 AM   #4
bobo_80
AF Regular

Talking

u know what?.........rewire them...!!....they look even brighter than the headlights........well is ur light bulb single flinted?....if so u don`t need to rewire them.........if it double flinted....rewire them so that it`s on the 27watt flint.........check out the how 2 section.......!^^
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:15 AM   #5
96pearlmax
AF Newbie

I would but it says for 97-99's only.....
Old 08-09-2001, 09:10 AM   #6
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

make sure you are running a safe wattage, you don't want to be cooking something on the road
Old 08-09-2001, 11:34 AM   #7
punabuds
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to punabuds
I don't know if overheating as any problem with this mod but I haven't had any problems so far. I did the clip the knob on the side of the lightbulb deal and then put it in the opposite way and the high filament always runs instead of the low. I don't know if I'd try that on a hyperwhite bulb...if it blows they aren't cheap to replace.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:23 PM   #8
96pearlmax
AF Newbie

Yeah i know, I think I will just leave it like it is. Thanks for your help though. It looks really good as it is, but it would look better. Oh well im happy like it is....:flash:
Old 08-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #9
96pearlmax
AF Newbie

If anybody else is doing this. Watch out for the driver-side marker, it was kinda tight getting to if you dont take the lense out...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35