Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 348 | 355
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
cossie
AF Newbie

It's a perfect day here in Florida and one of my friends asks me if I want to take this F355 out for a run. Well why not? So I hop in, as does he... and we are off. Right away I notice this very very odd pause when I depress the gas pedal and let it up again. I drive the car for a few miles and it continues. It's as though something is interfering with my fun. I ask my friend what is wrong with this car and he says it's the new throttle by wire system. ARE YOU KIDDING????? One of the finest auto marks I grew up with has been tainted? Understand this is not the only car that I have heard horrid "throttle by wire" tales of. For myself, this is another happy part of my childhood past shattered by industrial engineers more interested in leaving their mark on a company post board then keeping the auto spirit alive. Computers are not the answer for safety, people just need to learn how to drive.

Ferraris are ment to be what?......... DRIVEN!!!!
cossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 01:43 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I second that notion. I don't drive a Ferrari, come to think of it, I rarely see them. But then again I don't live in the most affluetial neighborhood. But I feel you with the technology interfering with the joys of driving. Like the traction control. While yes, it was meant to control the vehicle under dangerous conditions, it sucks when you want to peel out or drift and you can't. But, I still think you should enjoy it, it's a Ferrari for crying out loud! Let me take it for a spin!
Old 05-11-2001, 05:31 PM   #3
cossie
AF Newbie

So be it. You can come to Florida (late January) and drive the bleedin thing. Truth be known, a good TR or 400i feels more natural then the F355. I will have to drive a 360 and 550 before I denounce all of todays Ferraris. Of course there is the old saying.... don't look a gift horse in the mouth. A 355 is considered by many in the Ferrari community to still be one of the all time best street cars. I'll just have to buy an older one and live with what I have. That is when I have $35,000ish dollars to spend on said 400i.

Ferraris are ment to be what?......... DRIVEN!!!!
cossie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 348 | 355