Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
tdoolittle
AF Newbie

Question Ram 3500 repaired water in oil-but now overheating

Hey all,

Well I have a work van that is a 1996 Dodge 3500. It has over 200,000 miles on it. Not too long ago, I started getting water in my oil and eventually restored my heads and replaced the gaskets. When this didn't work I used some K&W Block sealer to fix the problem. And so far the problem is fixed.

I have not driven it very much. But when i did drive it the other day I noticed that i had no oil pressure. I asked around and decided to put a new oil pump in it. I drove it today about 40 miles with the new oil pump and I have not seen any water in my oil so far [much to my relief] . However, I still have no oil pressure and my engine started to overheat.

I asked a mechanic friend and he suggested that it may be my cam. Before i tear down my engine I would just like to get some second opinions.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
Tuffdrvr88
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Tuffdrvr88
Re: Ram 3500 repaired water in oil-but now overheating

Were you getting good oil pressure before? Your engine may just be old and have too much wear in the bearings now to hold pressure. You replaced the oil screen too right? Pull a valve cover off and start the car, see if your getting oil and its just not reading. You have to have put the oil pump and screen in pretty exact or it will not pickup oil correctly. Check your timing and cam gear as well.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Ram 3500 repaired water in oil-but now overheating

This thread is a year old. Chances are the problem is now resolved, one way or the other.

Please do not resurrect old threads. It is often pointless and annoying to other members.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical