Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 04:38 PM   #1
imakedacookies
AF Regular

93 F250 electrical issue

Have a 93 F250 with the 460 and 5speed manual that is driving me nuts, I have to get it running soon and cheap because my daily blew a head gasket. Anyway I have no power, at best I can get the starter to click once. Also the lights, radio, etc have no power. This pickup has been sitting a lot the last couple years, only been ran once every few months but now it won't do anything. It's always been really hard on the starte solenoid even when driven a lot so I figured I'd put a new one on. Then I did the positive cable to the solenoid and the one to the starter and the one from the solenoid to the starter. The solenoid is also not grounded well so I made a new bracket and made sure it was all grounded well. Still 1 click at best, but that is not the norm. It wont jump the poles on the solenoid either. The only way I can get it to do anything is to put a jumper cable on the battery and go directly to the starter then it will crank but still it was hit or miss, this was off the batter which I had just charged, also tried jumping it so power is not the issue. If I had power I would assume the starter was just faulty, but without power to anything I am not sure. I'm leaning towards a faulty wire in the harness somewhere but I don't have the time or money for that if it is the case. Thoughts?
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
electrical , issue
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series