Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
ALEX GAROLI
AF Regular

Mv Agusta F4 312r Race Version

HI, IM MODIFING A MV AGUSTA F4, I LIKE TO MAKE BIKES THAT DONT EXIST, LIKE PROTOTYPES OR MY OWN VERSIONS, I DETAILED A NICE NEW-RAY F4 AGUSTA, BUT SOME DAY I DECIDED TO TURN IT INTO A RACER, I WANTED IT TO LOOK LIKE THE F4 AGO, BUT WITH SLICKS, RED FRAME, AIR INTAKE
I CERTAINLY KNOW THAT NEW RAY-BIKES ARE NOT BUILDING MODELS, BUT AS I COLLECTED A LOT, I LIKE TO MODIFIY THEM.
SPECIALLY, THE MV AGUSTA F4 AND THE BRUTALE WERE THE FIRST MEDIUM DETAILED MOTORCYCLES FROM NEW RAY, THEY WERE TOYS MOSTLY, THE PROPORTIONS ARE NOT CORRECTLY AND HAVE MANY PARTS IN ONE PIECE, SO IT IS HARDER TO MODIFY AND MAKE IT LOOK REAL.
NOWDAYS NEW-RAY HAVA REALLY GOOD MODELS, LIKE THE CARLOS CHECA DUCATI DESMOSEDICI OR THE KTM SUPERMOTO.
WELL, HERE IS THE MODIFY.

BUT I DIDNT LIKE THE RESULT, SO I WANT TO REMAKE IT, IM TURNINIG IT INTO A 312R, I HAVE THESE IDEAS:

I DIDNT KNOW IF BUILD A SBK VERSION OR A ENDURANCE VERSION, WITH A HEAD LAIGHT, I DECIDED THE WSBK VERSION, YOU KNOW FOGERTY IS GONG TO RACE A MV AGUSTA SO I LIKE THE IDEA OF MAKING A SCALE "PREVIEW" OF THE BIKE, I WANT TO ADD A HEAT COVER IN THE TAIL, LIKE THE DUCATI 999 TAIL, SO I HAVE FEW IDEAS, THESE ARE A SKETCHES:

FIRST I HAVE TO COVER THE AIR INTAKE I DIDNT LIKE WITH A PIECE OF STYRENE WELL CUT

AND THEN SOME PAINT

AND SCHEME COLOR, I WILL ADD VINYL HAND MADE RED STRIPES, AND NUMBER PLATES AND APPLY A CLEAR COAT

HERE IS THE ENGINE WITH "TESTAROSSA" PAINT

I HAVE THIS EXHAUST TIPS FROM A 2 STROKE BIKE, IM THINKING IN PUT THEM BUT IM NOT SURE YET

HERE ARE THE HAND MADE STICKERS, THEY ARE 3M REFLECTIVE VINYL:

AND HERE THEY ARE IN PLACE, THE VINYL TAKES THE BODY SHAPE REALLY EASY, NOW I HAVE TO THINK HOW TO MAKE THE LOGOS, MAYBE HAND PAINTED, AND A CLEAR COAT.

HERE IS A PREVIEW, I DONT KNOW IF PAINT A RED LINE IN THE RIMS, LIKE I DID IM MY SKETCHES, OR LET THEM ALL BLACK, I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO USE AS GRILLE, FOR THE FAIRING INTAKES, AND I HAVE TO BUILD THE HEAT COVER FOR THE TAIL, I DONT KNOW IF LET THE EHAUST PIPES CHROME OR CARBON FIBER BLACK...I DONT KNOW.....I DONT KNOW....

I finally found a good grille to the fairing intakes.
Sorry about the bad pictures, im moving so is hard to find a place to take a picture, and im getting a good camera.
Ill try to take good pictures for the finished model.

I could find carbon fiber texture in any model store around here, so i had to make my own composite, I took a sample from internet, and paste it several times, and I printed it in low gloss adessive vinyl.

I tried it in a surface and apply some clear coat. it worked.
So I will apply this to the exhaust pipes, wind shield and some other parts.

I made the exhaust heat cover, but I didnt like it, it doesnt look good, and doesnt fit correctly.

Added two layers of clear coat.

Cables, chasis, motor, carburetor mesh, all ready.

Nearly finished!

[/IMG]

See the fisihed model at:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=756796

Last edited by ALEX GAROLI; 10-02-2007 at 10:54 PM.
ALEX GAROLI is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes