Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Maintenance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Maintenance problems, fixes.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 10:00 PM   #1
David
AF Newbie

Question 95 G20 Headlight Bulbs

Hi There,

Can any Ontario, Canada residents provide me with some insight as to the brightest, whitest LEGAL bulbs that are compatable with my 95 G20. I am unfamiliar with the technicalities and legalities of this issue, although I've heard vaguely that certain colour and intensity bulbs are illegal for routine street use. I don't want to break any laws, but find that my high-end philips halogen bulbs, which match manufacturer specifications, are rather dim.

I've read briefly on the internet about Xenon HID bulbs. Are they pemissable and compatable in Ontario? I've also read about conversion kits availabe via the USA, but don't truly understand the concept.

Also,....I really messed up my beam aim by trying to adjust it myself. Should have payed attention to my owners manual which indicates one ought to bring it to the dealership for aiming.

Thanks Folks.

Regards,
David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 06:23 PM   #2
geoff200
AF Newbie

I think a true Xenon system will cost you a fortune, and may require quite a bit of modification to your car.

You can buy bulbs that are said to have Xenon gas in them - the truth is they only have a little Xenon gas in them which helps the standard Halogen gas burn even brighter - but hey every little bit of brightness helps.

The brand of legal replacement bulb that won during brightness tests here in the UK was: Phillips Vision Plus. I fitted them in my G20 and I believe that they have made a difference.

As an alternative some people have gone for bulbs that have a special coating on the glass that makes them have a lazer blue kind of glow - they are real good for letting other drivers see your coming, but they don't burn much brighter and so don't really help you see the road ahead better.
geoff200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 12:49 AM   #3
FlossinPrimera
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to FlossinPrimera Send a message via AIM to FlossinPrimera Send a message via Yahoo to FlossinPrimera
The P10s use 9004 Bulbs, there are alot of different bulbs available in 9004. I have Luks Platinum White bulbs (standard wattage) and they are very bright. You could increase bulb wattage, but your bulbs will burn out all the time. Short of a full HID upgrade (which btw costs atleast 1000$) you can get this thing called a CATZ 00 ZETA system, which utilizes ballasts like in a true HID system to increase the voltage from the standard 12 volts to 14.8 volts. What a difference this makes, the lights are much brighter and with the right bulbs easily resemble true HID. There are 2 different systems, the first is fuse style (I reccomend this because is is extraordinarally easy to install), or the wire it yourself style (I don't know why you'd buy this one because it is a pain in the @$$ to wire up). Price for the Fuse style is 295$ US, and comes with 2 Catz bulbs and 2 Ballasts. Let me know if you're interested.

K&N, Enkei Type 11 GML, JVC KD-SH55 Digifine, Pioneer Pear-mica components, 2 12" round things that bang and a 400W amp to make them bang. Coming soon: ACT clutch, new half-shafts, HKS superform springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, $tillen STB, 17" König Toxxins with Yokohama Parada Tires (P215/40R17).

http://gforces.streetracing.org/

"I wish Captian Archer was as much as a racial bigot as Captain Kirk"
-Burt Weed
FlossinPrimera is offline   Reply With Quote