Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sonoma | S-15
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
66Impala
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2000 Sonoma won't run

I've run into a problem with my '00 Sonoma. It died on the highway last week. It has spark, smell like it has fuel, new battery, good cap/rotar/plugs, all fuses seem to be in good order. It just won't start. Has anybody heard of this problem or have suggestions on what might be wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Darren
66Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
rlith
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: 2000 Sonoma won't run

Check your coil and your ignition module.

95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
air bicscuit
AF Newbie

I had the exact symptoms with my 00 Sonoma a couple of months back (right down to "died on the highway"). It turned out to be the fuel pump.

The dealer wanted almost $1000 to do the work (the fuel pump/sending unit alone was over $600), and an independent shop wanted about $800 (they had to get the fuel pump from the dealership ). I ended up shopping around and found an aftermarket fuel pump for a little more than $300, and I had my brother do the work for me (not an easy job - he'll get a nice xmas present this year ).

If it does turn out to be your fuel pump, a word of caution: 2000 Sonomas came in both a standard and flexible fuel version. If you've got a plastic gas tank, your truck is flex fuel. It should also be noted inside the gas door. The flex fuel version used a different fuel pump/sending unit than the standard version, and is a bit harder to find. I found this out the hard way, as I originally bought a pump for the standard fuel version. I bought mine at a Murray's Auto Store here in the Detroit area.

For your sake, I hope it's not the fuel pump. Good luck!
air bicscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sonoma | S-15