Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Maintenance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Maintenance problems, fixes.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Koojo
15k Maintenance

I just called the dealer and they said it would cost about $200 for the 15,000 mile maintenance. Thats bullshit! It shouldnt be that much. We already replaced the air filter, and we can also replace the oil ourselves. I heard somewhere that the fuel pump needs to be replaced every 15k miles. Anyone know the part number for it? Also, whats the best way of getting to it?

What other kind of things should I check for?

I just find it too expensive to pay them 200 for an inspection, so i'll just do it myself with the help of someone else.
Koojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 08:32 AM   #2
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

yah, i dont plan to take my car in for a serious inspection until i hit 30k..not sure if Ill even have the car that long. ahahaha.

one year is only about 8.5k miles on this car... dont plan to have it any longer than 3 year at most.
1998 Prelude SS - TEIN HA with upper pillows, SSR Integrals 17x7 with SP8000 (215/45), GReddy Evo catback, Iceman Comp Intake, DC Sports header, Apexi VAFC, ZEX 55 shot with bottle heater, NOS blanket, Factory Body Kit, Spoon F/R tower bars, JDM Foglamps, Carbon Fiber trim, Razo pedals &knobs, Fiamm Dual air horn

Future Mods: Lighten car, 2nd 10lbs nitrous bottle would be nice too.

2001 G20 P11 AT- TEIN NA, TRM Snipers 17x7 with Potenza RE910 (215/45), Arospeed Dual-outlet Muffler, K&N Drop-in Airfilter, WW Front Lip, Nakamichi MB75 1DIN 6CD Changer/Receiver, FIAMM Dual Air horns, Levoc Pedals, PIAA (H4 Superwhite H3 Ion Crystal, 168 SuperWhite)

2002 WRX MT- TEIN HA's with upper pillow mounts, 1000Miglia HT3 17x7 with sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17, painted side skirts, Cusco front & rear strut bar, Whiteline rear swaybar, aluminum endlinks, Blitz NUR Catback, HKS seq. BOV, factory front lip, rear valance, Kartboy short shifter and bushings.

Future mods: dressup wheels with Potenza S03 225/45/17 tires, TurboXS UTec, maybe an uppipe. by then, it'll be fast enough.
fiamm dual air horns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 10:21 AM   #3
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

oh ya i was just looking in the manual and it said that the Ventilation Air Filter needs to be replaced at the 15k tuneup. How do I go about doing that? Can I just go to the dealer and tell them to just change that? How much
Old 12-26-2001, 08:54 AM   #4
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

you are very dealer friendly...if they told you you need new tires at 15k, would you get them?
1998 Prelude SS - TEIN HA with upper pillows, SSR Integrals 17x7 with SP8000 (215/45), GReddy Evo catback, Iceman Comp Intake, DC Sports header, Apexi VAFC, ZEX 55 shot with bottle heater, NOS blanket, Factory Body Kit, Spoon F/R tower bars, JDM Foglamps, Carbon Fiber trim, Razo pedals &knobs, Fiamm Dual air horn

Future Mods: Lighten car, 2nd 10lbs nitrous bottle would be nice too.

2001 G20 P11 AT- TEIN NA, TRM Snipers 17x7 with Potenza RE910 (215/45), Arospeed Dual-outlet Muffler, K&N Drop-in Airfilter, WW Front Lip, Nakamichi MB75 1DIN 6CD Changer/Receiver, FIAMM Dual Air horns, Levoc Pedals, PIAA (H4 Superwhite H3 Ion Crystal, 168 SuperWhite)

2002 WRX MT- TEIN HA's with upper pillow mounts, 1000Miglia HT3 17x7 with sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17, painted side skirts, Cusco front & rear strut bar, Whiteline rear swaybar, aluminum endlinks, Blitz NUR Catback, HKS seq. BOV, factory front lip, rear valance, Kartboy short shifter and bushings.

Future mods: dressup wheels with Potenza S03 225/45/17 tires, TurboXS UTec, maybe an uppipe. by then, it'll be fast enough.
fiamm dual air horns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 07:09 PM   #5
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by kenchan
you are very dealer friendly...if they told you you need new tires at 15k, would you get them?
no i wouldnt. im just tryin to stay safe, i never knew wtf a ventilation air filter was, and maybe it really needs to be replaced, so thats why Im asking
Old 01-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #6
jesg20
AF Newbie

15k tune up

I didn't do a tune up on my G(it's a 99) til I had 30k. I change the spark plugs,oil,fuel filter,clean EGR, I had
a K&N so I just cleaned that. The dealer I go to is very cool I've been going there since I bought my first
G20.5 years.I take it in once in a blue moon like for an oil change or a check up and they'll adjust the
brake for you and other stuff.Not to mention that they do wash your car.

have any question just let me know and I'll try to help
jesg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 03:37 PM   #7
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

can i go to my dealer and have them replace just the ventilation filter needed at 15k, or do i have to do the whole check up?
Old 01-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #8
Mythos
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mythos
Your the customer - you dictate what you want done to YOUR car. If the dealer questions what you want done, remind them that it's YOUR car! If they still give you grief then go to another dealer.
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Maintenance