Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 12:37 AM   #16
corvettekid
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to corvettekid
2002 Corvette ZO6

0-60 3.9 seconds
1/4 mile 12.4
skid pad .99 g

360 Modena

0-60 4.3
1/4 mile 12.8
skid pad .95 g

hands down the corvette will win, if it comes near my vette it'll have no chance, neither will any of those rice burning pieces of sh*t (especially junky supras).
corvettekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:59 AM   #17
corvettekid
AF Newbie

I have an 89 corvette with with a 383 stroker set up with Vortech 22psi boost supercharging kit . It has the lingenfelter superram and big mouth manifold with a 65 mm throttle body. It has a mild cam, passes emissions, and the stock aluminum L98 heads ported and polished with a 69 cc combustion chamber and 8.25:1 compression. the exhaust is Borla Cat-back, but it has the factory exhaust manifolds I wanted to go with a little bigger of a cam aftermarket heads and headers.

585 rwbhp
1/4 mile 10.14 sec (street tires)
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made (yes even the f-50)

so suck it ferrari fans!!! :finger:
Old 05-09-2002, 04:10 PM   #18
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

first off, there's no need to be a jackass about it. we all like corvettes too, i probably like them more than most others. how about you post some pics of your car. and how about that new lengenfelter(?) TT vette
Old 05-09-2002, 05:34 PM   #19
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
Quote:
Originally posted by corvettekid
I have an 89 corvette with with a 383 stroker set up with Vortech 22psi boost supercharging kit . It has the lingenfelter superram and big mouth manifold with a 65 mm throttle body. It has a mild cam, passes emissions, and the stock aluminum L98 heads ported and polished with a 69 cc combustion chamber and 8.25:1 compression. the exhaust is Borla Cat-back, but it has the factory exhaust manifolds I wanted to go with a little bigger of a cam aftermarket heads and headers.

585 rwbhp
1/4 mile 10.14 sec (street tires)
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made (yes even the f-50)

so suck it ferrari fans!!! :finger:
Oh how stupid of us... We didn't realize Ferraris were built for drag racing... Any fool can put a too fast motor on an ill handling chassis; drag racing. That's why the cars go very fast straight-line. Ferrari is not made primarily for speed. Yes, you read right. SPEED IS NOT OF PRIMARY CONCERN when building a Ferrari. They are and always will be sports/racing cars. Built primarily for handling. Handling is paramont in racing, especially for Ferraris.

Ferrari is an engine on a SUPERIOR handling chassis. Not a stupid-fast motor on an ill-handling chassis.
:o
Quote:
0-60 faster than any ferrari ever made
I doubt that a lot... Maybe you meant Ferrari road car.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #20
corvettekid
AF Newbie

i'm just saying this to get a rise out of all of you worked pretty well i guess... i love the modena too, and i'd definately take it over the z06.... just messing with you guys to see what would happen.
sorry
Old 05-09-2002, 07:05 PM   #21
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

its ok, we have just been experiencing a lot of Ferrari hating morons coming in here and saying that "LaMbOrGhInI OwNz FeRrArI" and a bunch of bs like that. that is all find and dandy just back your crap up so we don't flame the hell out of you.
Isn't 22psi of boost kind of a hell of a lot?? i didn't think it was possible with a single supercharger or turbo
Old 06-03-2002, 03:42 PM   #22
termite
AF Newbie

any of you guys check out the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG by any chance?
termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:12 PM   #23
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

whats with the fingers? does that mean you're cool? there is a guy on the bmwm5.com message boards that has one. he also has a GT2 and a bunch of other cars.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:43 PM   #24
termite
AF Newbie

you're probably talking about lonman... i already saw the videos of his sl55 from the gumball3000... pretty neat stuff.
termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:22 PM   #25
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
whatd your bro get???? i hope the ferrari or the vette

dont get me wrong I LOVE THE CORVETTE TO DEATH it will always be my favorite..but if i had a choice id get the ferrari .. just because NOT everyone can have them...and if i had the money for a ferrari i sure as hell would have the money in a few years for a newer and better corvette

then my garage would kick ass
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:31 PM   #26
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by termite
you're probably talking about lonman... i already saw the videos of his sl55 from the gumball3000... pretty neat stuff.
Whats your M5 name? I stopped going there because gustav was a prick about a thread with my car.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:47 PM   #27
1mic
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
Supras are definately awesome, but I would say go for the Modena, it's not that you're paying for a whole lot more car, you're buying the name, then you can say, my brother has FERRARI. Besides, you are getting 400 naturally aspirated hp anyways.
and theres also possibility of LAGG with turbos and the problem they cause in the long run
1mic is offline   Reply With Quote