Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
froggrog
AF Newbie

Smile Hazard Light Module Ticking

Do you hearing ticking just like when you turn your signal light on but only you don't have any signal lights on ? If so, the ticking is coming from the hazard light switch/module. The problem is not with this module but rather with the whole control arm assembly in the steering column. Chev decided it would be a better idea not to have individual modules to change out but instead force you to buy the whole complete assembly. I bought this assembly for $180 CDN, changed it out and the ticking stopped. You do not have to remove the steering wheel to change this component. Here is the procedure.....

- Remove the 3 screws underneath the steering column cover
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the steering column cover
- Remove the 1 screw on top of the assembly
- Lift the assembly up and remove the 3 wire connectors
- Connect the 3 wire connector to the new assembly
- In stall the new assembly ***be careful to align the pin for the horn before completely seating the unit.
- replace covers in reverse order of removal.

Hope this helps everyone.
froggrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Mikado
AF Newbie

My Malibu Has All The Bugs!

Dang! I finally found a place that has answers to all the Gremlins in my Malibu! I have never seen a car with so many faults! It's those little things that drive me nuts, such as the hazard light blinking thing, the blower switch only working on numbers 3,4, & 5, the intake manifold leaking antifreeze (I am sick of smelling that crap), and most recently, the gas gauge needle below the peg! What's up with that?!?!?!? SHEESH!

Oh yes, I forgot the ignition switch! It decided to lock up on me after I bought groceries. AAA sent a locksmith out. Nice kid....said he'd have me on my way in a jiffy as soon as he broke the lock! TWO HOURS LATER he drills the dang thing out and I go around for several weeks starting it with a screwdriver! The replacement was simple, but $75 here.....$50 there.....I think Chevrolet should be ASShamed for producing such junk.

One more thing....it thinks brake pads are chewing gum! However, I got to admit, when you step on the pedal, it will move on down the road. It has 150k miles and doesn't use a drop of oil!

Thanks guys for all the info!
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu