Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 05:46 PM   #31
vortech
AF Enthusiast

TCobra

not only do you sound godless, but you sound like a borderline shithead that thinks its ok to go eye for eye. Peral Harbor pales in comparison to what happened at Nagasaki & hiroshimi. You talk like a fool. Oh yea, the world will remember all our good. lol What a crock of shit. This whole 'terrorism' nonsense is just that ------ nonsense. This is way bigger than some dick from the middle east. You ought to read your bible (probably don't have one because you sound like a godless soul) and read the book of revelations --- more importantly---the book of Matthew, which clearly speaks of the anti-christ that is to rise very soon out of the new revived Roman Empire (THE EUROPEAN COMMUNION UNION). Go ahead and buy into this Al-Kaeda nonsense------because we are witnessing the escalation that will lead to the Rapture, 7 year Tribulation, and Final battle of Armageddon.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #32
vortech
AF Enthusiast

Personally

I think anyone can post anything they want on these threads. Whether its offensive or not. You just better be able to take the heat if thats the case. Our generation has become a generation of pussies. We have to be politically correct---for fear of offending everyone. Every one takes everything the wrong way-----we sue one another to just to make a fast buck. This whole planet needs to be wiped out----because growing up in the 80s----well------just wasn't as bad as it is now. people don't give a rats ass about anything anymore. People in our country throw away marriages---like their friggen candy wrappers. Some of us----like, cheat, and steal--like its a prerequiste to get into the hall of fame. The only thing that makes logical sense anymore------is the purchase of a blown cobra. :finger:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-20-2002, 06:18 PM   #33
Mikeaveli
AF Newbie

*to everything going on right now in this topic*

Hmmm... Wasn't this topic about the 03 Cobra vs. the Z06?
Old 12-21-2002, 09:01 AM   #34
94svt5.0
AF Enthusiast

Okay, back to topic. How about them 03s?
-superchips power chips
-mac cold air induction
-BBK aluminum underdrive pullies
-pro-m 75mm bullet MAF
-18" konig wheels with nitto 555 zr tires
-Ford Racing 65mm throttlebody
-Ford Racing king cobra clutch
-Ford Racing 3:73 Gears
-Ford Racing Aluminum driveshaft
-Bullit suspension/ springs,shocks,struts
-Aubrun HD limited slip Diff.
2002 subaru Impreza RS
- stock
1989 Toyota pickup 4x4
-K&N
Old 12-22-2002, 02:07 AM   #35
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
03 Cobra,

Can you tell us a little more about your ride, sounds pretty bad. How much was it? Is there anything that you do not like about the car?

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #36
03 Cobra
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally posted by SkylineUSA
03 Cobra,

Can you tell us a little more about your ride, sounds pretty bad. How much was it? Is there anything that you do not like about the car?
Well SkylineUSA, so far so good. I have only had the car 6 weeks, only mods so far are I had the bumper insets painted, and all the interior dash pieces that were flat black also painted ( the color of the car ). This car is the shit, No complaints about power.... only problem I have run across is the tires that come stock Eagle F1's. They are not nearly enough tire for the power, it is almost impossible to hook them up. Anyone got a suggestion on a better tire? 275/40-17
Attached Images
File Type: jpg left side2.jpg (15.1 KB, 121 views)

Painted Bumper Insets
Custom Painted Interior
Steeda Tri-ax w/ MGW Handle
Redline D4 w/ Ford Modifier
Amazon Racing CAI
Bassani X-Pipe
Bassani Cat Back
Amazon Racing 3.10 & 2.80 Pullies(ordered)
Amazon Racing Diablo Delta Chip(ordered)
Old 12-22-2002, 12:00 PM   #37
03 Cobra
AF Newbie

oh yeah, I paid $500 below sticker. $34,350, and had the dealer throw in an extra cobra rim and tire, instead of a dounut tire.

Painted Bumper Insets
Custom Painted Interior
Amazon Racing CAI
Bassani X-Pipe
Bassani Cat Back
Old 12-22-2002, 01:01 PM   #38
vortech
AF Enthusiast

the tires to go with

That's an easy one.
The best wet traction tire and for that matter the best traction tire wet or dry is the Toyo Proxes T1-S

I would have to say that second best tires are the Bridgestone Potenza S-03. I've used both based on recommendations from 5.0 mag & fast fords mag. They were on the money in recommending these rubbers. The Toyos though, unreal for stangs in the rain and dry.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-22-2002, 01:46 PM   #39
75stroppe
AF Newbie

What is the difference in the 1999-2001 and 2003 cobra motors forged pistons forged rods. I want to know since I want to buy a 2001 Cobra and slap on a Kenne Belle on a 2002.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:57 PM   #40
vortech
AF Enthusiast

01 doesn't have forged pistons

the 01 has hypereutectic pistons. Take it from me----because I blew 2 cobra motors without putting in the blower. Your kenne belle will not last long on your 01 cobra UNLESS you do one very important thing. However, that isn't a guarantee. You need to get a high volume oil pump for the 01 4.6L. That particular engine does not lubricate the engine bearings very well when you are going above 5,000rpm. Basically, if you run it hard, you are going to be out of luck. You defintely are going to need a 7 qt pan. But, honestly, blower failure on the 01 cobra is just becoming to common to alot of 01 owners. The only thing forged in that engine is the crankshaft. The rods, pistons, bearings are just weak. The nuts that keep the rod in place tend to fail with forced induction. All these claims that the 01 can be easily supercharged----are just BS. Because there is a lot of damage to this engine from the forced induction. The info out there on 01 blowing is just very misleading. I had to learn the hard way-----and resorted to buying a forged aluminum block (all forged internals)----from www.dssracing.com. They definetely have the best aftermarket forged modular blocks---and they are blower and NOS ready. If you can-----don't waste your money on the 01---unless you plan on replacing the engine. DEFINTELY bro, I'm warning you. If you aren't going to slap a blower on it, get a high volume oil pump and a 7 qt oil pan. The parts are cheap, but the labor is expensive--because the engine will have to be removed for the oil pump install----but you'll save yourself a lot of stress. If you are going to use a blower-----you better run the minimum boost and you better use an air/air intercooler (don't go with water/air cooler). Even with all this, the 01 internal parts will eventually fail. Just a matter of time.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-22-2002, 04:40 PM   #41
03 Cobra
AF Newbie

Vortech, ever use nitto 555r's? [http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/nitto555r.htm]

Painted Bumper Insets
Custom Painted Interior
Amazon Racing CAI
Bassani X-Pipe
Bassani Cat Back
Old 12-22-2002, 04:56 PM   #42
vortech
AF Enthusiast

never used the 555rs

but I'm aware that they are pretty good dry traction tires. As far as the wet goes, they don't comapre to the Toyos or the Potenza S-03s.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-22-2002, 07:46 PM   #43
75stroppe
AF Newbie

Re: 01 doesn't have forged pistons

Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
the 01 has hypereutectic pistons. Take it from me----because I blew 2 cobra motors without putting in the blower. Your kenne belle will not last long on your 01 cobra UNLESS you do one very important thing. However, that isn't a guarantee. You need to get a high volume oil pump for the 01 4.6L. That particular engine does not lubricate the engine bearings very well when you are going above 5,000rpm. Basically, if you run it hard, you are going to be out of luck. You defintely are going to need a 7 qt pan. But, honestly, blower failure on the 01 cobra is just becoming to common to alot of 01 owners. The only thing forged in that engine is the crankshaft. The rods, pistons, bearings are just weak. The nuts that keep the rod in place tend to fail with forced induction. All these claims that the 01 can be easily supercharged----are just BS. Because there is a lot of damage to this engine from the forced induction. The info out there on 01 blowing is just very misleading. I had to learn the hard way-----and resorted to buying a forged aluminum block (all forged internals)----from www.dssracing.com. They definetely have the best aftermarket forged modular blocks---and they are blower and NOS ready. If you can-----don't waste your money on the 01---unless you plan on replacing the engine. DEFINTELY bro, I'm warning you. If you aren't going to slap a blower on it, get a high volume oil pump and a 7 qt oil pan. The parts are cheap, but the labor is expensive--because the engine will have to be removed for the oil pump install----but you'll save yourself a lot of stress. If you are going to use a blower-----you better run the minimum boost and you better use an air/air intercooler (don't go with water/air cooler). Even with all this, the 01 internal parts will eventually fail. Just a matter of time.
Thanks for the info
Presently i have a notchbak fox and I am putting together a stock 306 block stock crank, forged rods, Keith Black forged pistons TFS intake heads custom cam and incon twin turbo. But I feel like trashing that and getting a 03 cobra just for the better handling. I have been killing myself over whether I should keep the notch or buy the cobra what do you think.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #44
vortech
AF Enthusiast

bro

if you are ready to spend----then its a no brainer to go with the 03. Don't be a fool like me-------who learned the hard way-----how weak a non forged internal block is. My engine was $10K (bullet block from DSSracing) + S-trim vortech $7K. Take the 03.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-23-2002, 12:10 AM   #45
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
75stroppe,

I had the same isues about handling on my LX. If you spend $2K on Front Coil Overs, PHB, TA, LCA, Konis or Bilsteins, C/C, and rear sway bar you will be amazed at the difference.

I own a GTR, and with my Stang set up with MM's suspension it will hang with it in the corners. On the straights the Stang will win, but I also have not started modding the GTR, yet

Don't give up on your Fox, call MM, installation was pretty easy as well.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk