Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #61
duplox
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to duplox
Re: there is no car like the 2003-4 cobra hands down

If why not a 5.0 modular, why not a 5.4, why not a 6.0, why not a 7.0 why not whatever. Why stop at 5.0? Just because there is a history behind the name? There are already two 5.0s, who needs a third? Thats not even considering the 5.0 EFI as a different motor, or a 5.0 roller as a different motor. Hell there are 3 ford 351s which is confusing enough, and not to mention a 352! I'm sure the last displacement ford would make the normal production modular in is 5.0, just so it does not interfere with the history of the 5.0 and further complicate their motor lineup/history. I understand the 5.0 is a great motor and you hate to see it go, but Ford has to move on. The 5.0 is already too close to becoming like the chevy 350, I'm glad its out of production and something better has replaced it. I expect great things from the Modulars, and so far Ford hasn't disappointed.
duplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #62
eillob
AF Enthusiast

Since we are all sharing opinions Im going to share mine. I will not argue the fact that the 4.6 motor is overall a better motor in regards to the fact that it is a smoother running motor and runs cleaner and it really does have a lot more technology put into it. For the power you get out of it considering its smaller displacement it really amazing. I think the Mach 1 and the Cobra are perfect examples of how Fords new line up is kicking ass and taking names.

With that being said, I will never be a fan of the mod motor scene. If I were buying a new mustang it would have to be at the minimum a Mach 1. IMO the regular GT just doesn't cut the mustard for me. My best friend has one (Mustang GT 02) and I beat the crap out of him on a regular basis and im sure his motor is burning cleaner and smoother while im doing it. However that has never kept him from losing. I test drove an 02 GT before I bought mine. I didnt like it probably because I drove the 302 first. Pushrod motors although outdated are always going to have a place for those of us who are unable to go out and buy a new Mach 1 or for those of us who just enjoy working on our cars ourselves and not spending a fortune trying to do it.
Ported Cobra Intake, Ported & polished Windsor Jr heads, K&N, Vortech s-trim, 90mm Lightining mass air meter, 70mm throttlebody,1.7 roller rockers, BBK Long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, Crane cam, main cap girdle, 40 series flowmaster, 3.73 gears, MSD ignition, CGS subframes, A9L PIH kit, SCT custom burned chip, 42lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, T rex and fuel pressure regulator, AFCO racing radiator

(If it doesn't scare the Hell out of you it isn't fast enough)
eillob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #63
duplox
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to duplox

Oh absolutely.. I'll always have some car around that has a pushrod in it, probably never a windsor unless get a truck, just don't like 'em, but definately some old Ford iron will always be around. If I were to get the cobra, I'd just turbocharge it and leave it at that, maybe a custom intake just because they're so damn easy for mods. I'd be a nice 500hp daily driver.. I'm hoping I can get one without selling the '69, I think once its finally done I won't want to sell it. I'll work my butt off after the '69 is done and hopefully make 9 grand by the end of next summer for a cobra.
duplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:17 PM   #64
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: there is no car like the 2003-4 cobra hands down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerun
so your saying you wouldn't care if you had a 1.6 running on about 350hp of juice... than a 450hp small block ford N/A?
What kind of comparison is that? THat doesnt even make sense! Just to answer your question Id rather take the small block ford because with a 350 juice on a 1.6 its going to blow up on the first shot.
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #65
vette_7t9
AF Regular

Ya i totally agree. So LAME. LAME. LAME. LAME. Sure, some 1.6s make more power than V8s. I can agree. But where the flip is the torque huh? A V8 will own anything that comes its way(maybe not its bigger brother viper v10....). Screamers are for thrills and chills. If you want something that has true muscle get a V8. 1.6 is the size of a f*kin soft drink, GTFO.
vette_7t9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #66
thunderbird muscle
AF Enthusiast

1.6 is smaller then a 2L bottle of mountain dew is larger and probably has more torque.lol

Does it really matter how they get faster if they get faster?

Racing a Honda is like being in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded!
thunderbird muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:43 AM   #67
redhorseV6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to redhorseV6
Re: Re: there is no car like the 2003-4 cobra hands down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird muscle
1.6 is smaller then a 2L bottle of mountain dew is larger and probably has more torque.lol

Does it really matter how they get faster if they get faster?
lol. i find it funny how the mustang 3.8 has the same displacement as a toilet.
redhorseV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #68
CobraR2000
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CobraR2000

I agree 03 cobra and 04 cobra are top of the line. Bit pricey but if i had the price you'd surely see on in my driveway. Mystic cobra...if you havent seen one, how dare you. GET up and go look at them
BBK Cold Air Kit w/ 87mm MAF, March UD Pullies
My Snake
CobraR2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:35 PM   #69
eillob
AF Enthusiast

LOL, yeah your right. Thats probably the coolest looking paint job I've seen on a mustang yet.
Ported Cobra Intake, Ported & polished Windsor Jr heads, K&N, Vortech s-trim, 90mm Lightining mass air meter, 70mm throttlebody,1.7 roller rockers, BBK Long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, Crane cam, main cap girdle, 40 series flowmaster, 3.73 gears, MSD ignition, CGS subframes, A9L PIH kit, SCT custom burned chip, 42lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, T rex and fuel pressure regulator, AFCO racing radiator

(If it doesn't scare the Hell out of you it isn't fast enough)
eillob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:02 AM   #70
zx2srdotnet
Banned

Send a message via AIM to zx2srdotnet

the 96 mystic looks better imo
zx2srdotnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #71
Hypsi87
I got your v-8 swingin!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hypsi87
Re: Re: there is no car like the 2003-4 cobra hands down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraR2000
I agree 03 cobra and 04 cobra are top of the line. Bit pricey but if i had the price you'd surely see on in my driveway. Mystic cobra...if you havent seen one, how dare you. GET up and go look at them
Yea I was at the dealship yesterday..... I about signed the little white paper for a mystic After the drive and just staring at it. All forms of reasoning just left me...... Then I realized that I am still in college and I can't afford that noose around my neck at the moment.

Grand National. Going fast with class.
Voted FASTEST street car on AF.
Here is the proof!!!
1987 Buick Grand National.
Back in action!!!!
1999 Ford F-250
Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs.
ASE Certified in...
Mobile AC
On Highway medium duty diesel engines.
Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines.
On highway trucks.
Working on the eletronics certification

Member of
A.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2
Hypsi87 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk