Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #16
gvazz
AF Newbie

CEL on 1999 Corolla

Guys, I am also seeing the same problem. Initially, it appeared when i heard knocking engine sound yesterday. Then i immediately checked the engine oil, It was way below the lower mark. I will have to take it to a mechanic to find out the cause of oil leakage or burning. But, today i put the oil and had the level in between the markers on dip stick. After starting the engine, i am still seeing the Engine Light. Although i didn't hear any knocking noise like the other day, i am still suspecting something is wrong. Is it possible that, the Engine light was not lit when the oil level was low for sometime and since i was running at that level, the engine is badly screwedup. Because i don't seem to see the warning light few days back. OR is it possible that since i filled the oil half way between the marks, the Engine Light is still on. I am a novice, so please bear with me for all stupid questions i may be asking. Anyway, i am going to take the car to the mechanic (Jiffy Lube) and have it checked. I will also get the oil and filter change done, as i have driven 6000 miles since my last change. Also, is a mechanic like JiffyLube is OK to deal with the Engine Light problems or should i have to go to any particular mechanic who is an expert in these. I would appreciate your replies to my queries. thanks.
gvazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:46 AM   #17
NCborn67
AF Newbie

Re: check engine light on for 2001 corolla

Thank you all very much for all the information.
NCborn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #18
JeffSparrow
AF Newbie

I just got back from autozone ... and my CEL was on .... they told me I had 4 misfiring cylenders ... and the system to lean bank 1 ... I had recently installed a cold air intake and thats then my CEL went on... Im taking it to Project Import ...on Sat to see if they can help... I think most corollas have this problem ... dunno why
JeffSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #19
ethankarman
AF Newbie

very easy video instructions step by step http://youtu.be/Aidr-rl54Ps?list=UUJ...7xPXGMr3lG1aXw
ethankarman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz