Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
mintminty59
AF Newbie

Hiya - 2001 Transmition Issue

Hi All my Chrysler neon (UK Model) Gen 2 has a transmition problem as shown in my you twwwb video.

I have already tried transmition fix additrive as I was told it might be a stuck valve so wanted some opinions on thins I could try. I only have a P0700 error code at present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mtAETCskXA
mintminty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
debbieslack
AF Newbie

Re: Hiya - 2001 Transmition Issue

Watched your video. I noticed your coolant light was on in addition to the tranny issue. I am dealing with an issue that is involving both the cooling system and the transmission. I have tranny fluid mixing in the coolant. Before this issue, the transmission started slipping bad, added fluid, didn't resolve. The car started overheating as well and dumped fluids everywhere. This after driving 2 miles in 40 degree weather. I had the place that just sold this junk come and get it. They changed the radiator. That's it and now I have an overfilled transmission and tranny fluid in the radiator. I don't expect this to help you out too much, but I wanted to let you know it isn't just you!!!
debbieslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
mintminty59
AF Newbie

Where do you see the coolant low light on? I only have a EMI light on which is caused by P0700. But yea these cars are 100% garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieslack View Post
Watched your video. I noticed your coolant light was on in addition to the tranny issue. I am dealing with an issue that is involving both the cooling system and the transmission. I have tranny fluid mixing in the coolant. Before this issue, the transmission started slipping bad, added fluid, didn't resolve. The car started overheating as well and dumped fluids everywhere. This after driving 2 miles in 40 degree weather. I had the place that just sold this junk come and get it. They changed the radiator. That's it and now I have an overfilled transmission and tranny fluid in the radiator. I don't expect this to help you out too much, but I wanted to let you know it isn't just you!!!
mintminty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
debbieslack
AF Newbie

Dear MintyMinty 59,
Love your username! Anyways, I didn't see a low coolant light on, just the symbol that indicates a coolant issue. I ended up draining the tranny and the radiator, flushing everything and so far so good, but it might just be a bandaid treatment. Time will tell. Any luck on your end? I still agree with you, these are throw away cars. With all the advances in technology, you'd think they could build a better car for the bucks these cost.
debbieslack is offline   Reply With Quote