Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
1994sundance
AF Newbie

Exclamation 1994 plymouth sundance

Please help me. This is a 1994 plymouth sundance 2.2L 4 cyl 5 speed manual transmission with 71,532 ( about) . Occationally when i am about to stop the engine revs when the clutch is pressed down all the way and while putting on the brakes. won't stop revving at about 2,000 - 2,500 rpm ( guessing ) . I have no tachometer to know. But can some one know what it could be. and is it a cheap fix?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
sciguy2
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Re: 1994 plymouth sundance

ok, this is a total shot in the dark, but I have an idea...

Take a look at what controls the idle air. In my Buick Century (GM, 94), I was doing some heavy maintenance and cleaning, and my IAC (Idle air control module) became clogged with the gunk I was trying to remove. When starting the car cold, it would rev up to apx 2000 rpms and stay, try to idle down but had trouble, and stayed high. Of course, this is GM not Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler, but the idea is similar. Popped it out, cleaned it up good with some PB Blaster. Let it dry and reinstalled. Car runs smooth now!

Joe
sciguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
STRace
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 1994 plymouth sundance

this is an easy one for me i had the same trouble with my 1994 sundance AutoTransmission it was such a pain for the longest time its the O2 sensor (Oxygen Sensor for the people who havent graduated pass grade 9) it runs around $30 - $40 mind you the price could change from area to area i lie in oshawa ontario us people with the old low end horsepower vehicles have ta stick tagether man n show em we can run just as well with some enginuity and fabing
STRace is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion