Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
LifeLine89
AF Newbie

Exclamation Need help on this..

Well first time doing this type of work. Im 18 a seinor and a volunteer for my fire dept. and ambulance corps. i have alot of lights this inlcudes. my headlight and tail light strobes(runn off there own power supply) my 2 daul led green dash lights, my 2 blue daul dash lights, 2 blue lights on back window and 2 green on back window i have 2 sets of grill lights 2 blues and 2 green that need to be wired up. thing is i have only 1 cigar plug i brought 2 adapter's that alows me to run jsut my green or just my blu lights, Came to my attion that i have wires going every wich way ands its embarising when i have to drive ppl home or my turn to drive to class for EMT-I training. my 97 breeze blew up and now i have to re-wire everything in a 85' s-10. room is limited so i brought a switch panal or switch box wich ever most ppl use.. i have never wired one of these things up b4. i have a good spot for it but the directions to wire it up are confusing as hell. all of my lights are cigar plug ins(except my strobes) i would like to wire all of lights up to this box. and mount it. any one have any suggestings on how to do this. i live the farthest from both stations and i live in a very busy town and getting ther quick could mean life or death... the way how i am going to wire the lights from the back are to rip out hte seats and carpted and just let them lay on the floor and put carpit over the wires. i also have a siren,cb and 2 100 wat speakers. that i also have to wire up. i would liek all of that to be wired for when the car is off all of that stuff is off and when car key is turend on all of that stuff turns on. the siren has a park kill as well if that would interfear with anything. thank you a head of time. hope to hear from people soon.
LifeLine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
dave92cherokee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need help on this..

For all your lights that have the cigar lighter plug in connector open the connector up the wire that goes to the sides of the plug are the ground and the wire that goes to the middle post is the positive wire. For the switch box is it just 1 switch or multiple switches? If it's just one switch then run all the wires into the box and connect all the positives and negatives to each other and then run a power and ground wire into the box for activating the lights. If it's multiple switches (which would be best and most versatile) run the power and ground wire into the box and connect it to all the switches then run all the lights into the box and connect to each switch by itself or pair them up IE front grill lights, back window lights like that. As for the cb for power you could probably hook it up to the power wires for the radio so the cb would only come on when the car is running.
dave92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
LifeLine89
AF Newbie

Re: Need help on this..

ill try that, thnx dave. My friend said to wire it to the igniton switch,but i dont have to do that now.. its a 8 switch panal 1 fused to 40amp and 7 fused at 20amp. i have 12 diffrent lights so ill have to buy another 8 one. ucz i am geting more in the near. like a low band and high band radio since im usely first on scene i can talk to the rigs and what not and side mirra lights and the truck will be done.
LifeLine89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical