Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
racergirl07
AF Newbie

Exclamation andy's auto sport rip off!!!!!!

i ordered a front bumper from andy's auto sport for my 1993 honda del sol on august 18th 2008. i ordered a polyurethane wings west front bumper from them and was told the order would process in 2 business days and then be shipped and take 5 to 7 business days to reach us. (i ordered urethane because where i live we have things called armadilloes and they like to run across the road all the time. if you happen to hit one with you car and you have a fiberglass bumper it will break to pieces.) well the 9 day wait was over and no bumper.... hmmmm? i called them and they said the one i ordered was on back order so they offered 10% off the bumper. well i asked about the polyurethane kaminari bumper to see if they had it in stock, he said they did and told me that because it was their mess up that they would change it for no extra charge. so i wait the next 9 days and hmmmm..... no bumper. i call them again and they tell me that they are having problems getting orders from kaminari and that kaminari might possibly be going under. at this point i am suspicious. so after another week of excuses on the phone, i go to the bank and findout the money had been taken out and i got a statement just in case. i decide to contact kaminari to see if andys claim is true. it turns out the kaminari polyurethane bumper doesnt exist. they make the bumper but it is not polyurethane it is fiberglass. they also said that they dont do business with andy's because of things like this. so i called andys and told them that i knew that they lied about the product and they assured me that it was polyurethane until i read them the description from kaminaris website. then he put me on hold came back on the phone and said that the bumper was fiberglass and he didnt know where i got the idea that it was polyurethane. i read him the paragraph from andy's description and when he heard that he said "so you want your money back?" i said that i did and i wanted every penny back in the account the next day. he said we cant do that because of "processing" i told him that if they took the money out in 1 day then they could put it back in 1 day. i canceled the order on september 17th 2008 and i still have not gotten my money and i doubt i ever will. bottom line don't order from them. most companys wont do business with them and they have to get their products from a secondary distributor. i will give links to the andy's page and kaminaris page to show that they lied about the product. the cars on both web pages are clearly the same. they will use any excuse that they can to get your money. if you want a certain product contact the manufacturer, you will get better service and a better price.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00071062.html

http://www.kaminari.com/products.php...1993&Layer=389
racergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Dustin_S
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Dustin_S Send a message via AIM to Dustin_S Send a message via MSN to Dustin_S Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin_S
Re: andy's auto sport rip off!!!!!!

do a search right here in AF for Andy'sAutoSport.com I've had the exact same bullshit thrown at me, right down to the lies about their products.

Open a case with the Better Business Bureau. they hemmed and hawed fora month with my money, but once the BBB notified AAS of my actions, i had my money in full.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences