Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #16
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
Re: Dodge Srt-4 lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_sword34
just read in a magazine that by 96 you won't see the srt-4 anymore but the much improved srt-8. As in eight cylinders. Also mopar working on the new Charger!!!!!

i sure hope itll be an interpid srt-8, i hate to see the neon get a v-8. i how point of tuning a 4 cylinder is to have such a small engine that could put out just as much power as a v8. can be done and has been done.
mikegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:36 AM   #17
neongtr
AF Newbie

I just need a right hand drive SRT-4

or i go turbo with my neon
neongtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #18
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
1. I was talking about WRC Pro Rally courses and cars, not SCCA.

2. The SRT-4 will still be here. They plan to have an SRT4, 6, 8, and 10. They aren't getting rid of the SRT-4. It might not be the same but it will still be here.

3. The SRT-8 is either going to be called a Charger or Charger Daytona. Those are the two names they are debating on to replace the Intrepid in NASCAR. So, it is only logical for them to name the SRT-8 to match that car.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:41 PM   #19
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

and if they make that chrysler prototype we might even have an srt-12

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:37 AM   #20
RB25240kouki
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RB25240kouki
I hate to bust all of guys but 1 month ago the owner of a local shop (All Speed) dyno'd his sons SRT-4 (only mod was a new radiator because he wrecked it) and it only put out 241 at the wheels ... where did you people get 280 from? As a matter of fact I plan to try and see a few more dyno'd just to put this little myth to rest. Mabey if you wish hard enough it will dyno at 280... or not. But just so you dont send me hate mail the SRT-4 is nowhere near a bad car. I had the pleasure of driving the abosolute sh*t out of one at NOPI last year (BFG Tire challenge) and they are fast ... but I dont remember one thing ... were the front windows roll up or power ... cuz I think I remember them being roll. Well have a good one.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Pivot headlight controller
More mods to come

Happy Rotoring
RB25240kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:01 AM   #21
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25240kouki
I hate to bust all of guys but 1 month ago the owner of a local shop (All Speed) dyno'd his sons SRT-4 (only mod was a new radiator because he wrecked it) and it only put out 241 at the wheels ... where did you people get 280 from? As a matter of fact I plan to try and see a few more dyno'd just to put this little myth to rest. Mabey if you wish hard enough it will dyno at 280... or not. But just so you dont send me hate mail the SRT-4 is nowhere near a bad car. I had the pleasure of driving the abosolute sh*t out of one at NOPI last year (BFG Tire challenge) and they are fast ... but I dont remember one thing ... were the front windows roll up or power ... cuz I think I remember them being roll. Well have a good one.

who the heck said that it dyno's 280 at the wheels? besides the first poster which claimed 270 and who is rather misinformed.

and the front windows are power. back were man in 03 but changed to power too in 04

and 240whp its quite good for stock...usually 240 is reserved for stage 1 srt4s

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #22
inzanesrt4
AF Newbie

I think what the first guy was trying to say was that a manufacture gives fly whell HP ratings not Dynoed whell HP so if Dyno says 240 at the wheel and manufacture say 215hp('03) and 230hp('04) who is the car making 10+hp in the drive train Impossible so 240hp at the wheels should be between 266hp-282hp at the fly considering the average is 15% drivetran loss and 10% drive train loss on well tunned car. and about 15% on AWD cars so Yes if your bosses sons car dynoed 240+HP stock it is putting out around 280hp at the fly. For example STI says 300+hp and 300+tq that is fly wheel HP. (I have never heard of STI putting that number at the wheel stock) Which equalls about 255+ to the wheels. Have your boss dyno a few STI's to double check the theory From what Ive seen of local dynoes they run between 250-265HP stock. Subaru tuned STI well EVO loses alittle more in drivetrain.
inzanesrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 AM   #23
RB25240kouki
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RB25240kouki
I stand corrected ... I even did the math. 14.286% power loss between fly and wheels (240hp compaired to 280hp). But as far as Im concerned the only number that counts is what you put to the ground. And finnaly Ill leave you with this ... thank god they made the SRT-4... because I really hate neons (they look bad and are slow), but the SRT-4 changed that by adding speed and looks and turning a junk car into a performer.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Pivot headlight controller
More mods to come

Happy Rotoring
RB25240kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:52 AM   #24
soul_sword34
AF Regular

eat dung boy!
soul_sword34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #25
koeb$
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to koeb$

the evo8 is over rated for 1, and the for 2 if u compare on the dodge and/or subaru web page the srt-4 is lighter then a sti but the sti would stomp on a srt-4 in a race...i am currently selling my 340+ hp trans am to get a srt becuase they r cheap, quick and good on gas
electric exhaust cut out
holley 600 cfm carb
340+HP
cam?

97 jetta
white 15" bbs wheels
2 JL 12W3's and 2 JL 500/1 amps (for sale)
koeb$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:51 PM   #26
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Dodge Srt-4 lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeb$
the evo8 is over rated for 1, and the for 2 if u compare on the dodge and/or subaru web page the srt-4 is lighter then a sti but the sti would stomp on a srt-4 in a race...i am currently selling my 340+ hp trans am to get a srt becuase they r cheap, quick and good on gas

evo8 over rated you have got to be kidding, or just kidding yourself. this car out handles an m3, out runs an svt cobra and cost less then both. the 4g63 in its engine bay is very durable. over rated, please explain yourself.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:00 PM   #27
calisrt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to calisrt

The SRT's are now almost in the 11 sec 1/4 miles. You should all check out www.srtforums.com or www.norcalsrt4.com And see what the SRT is really about!
calisrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:35 PM   #28
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisrt
The SRT's are now almost in the 11 sec 1/4 miles. You should all check out www.srtforums.com or www.norcalsrt4.com And see what the SRT is really about!

ima have to agree with you, yea the interior is crap, (i dont care) this car is bought because its cheap and outruns a lot sure the outter styling is kina lame, you aint gonna pick up any chicks in it, but you'd make the men that has the car that is picking up chick look stupid in front of there man when they are outran by a stock 4 banger!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:09 AM   #29
calisrt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to calisrt

You'd be surprised how many chicks look at this car! Not only will it make some dude that paid 30,000 dollars for his car look like an ass, it will shut down most v-8s on the road. I like to see the face on people when they just lost to a neon.

I took a Stingray to 140mph the first day I had my SRT and had him by atleast 5 cars the whole time.
I have beaten an Evo 8, 2003 mustang GT, and a 350z. The interior isnt that bad actually, I like it better than the EVO interior.
calisrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #30
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisrt
You'd be surprised how many chicks look at this car! Not only will it make some dude that paid 30,000 dollars for his car look like an ass, it will shut down most v-8s on the road. I like to see the face on people when they just lost to a neon.

I took a Stingray to 140mph the first day I had my SRT and had him by atleast 5 cars the whole time.
I have beaten an Evo 8, 2003 mustang GT, and a 350z. The interior isnt that bad actually, I like it better than the EVO interior.

i have no idea of the interior i was just giving those that hate it the benifit of the dought. a stingray? a vette? i might be bias but i see nothing special with old school vettes i do like them more then todays vettes but i hate todays vettes. i think all stock old school muscle cars are slow. like having 6 liters and 400 horses and running only 14.5s.