Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:42 PM   #16
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

Current Mods:
Injen SRI w/heatshield
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
DC Ceramic header
Hondata ECU reflash program
Eibach Sportline Springs
Eibach Anti Roll kit (25mm Front sway & 23mm Rear sway)
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
JDM Buddy Club Front bumper
JDM Buddy Club Sideskirts
JDM Buddy Club Rear bumper
VIS Carbon Fiber hood
VIS Carbon Fiber Mugen style spoiler
VIS Carbon Fiber Eyelids
17" ADR Model Flights (Mugen Replicas)
CTR shiftboot
CTR shiftknob
CTR Headlights
CTR Honda emblems

Last edited by CIVICBOOST; 03-11-2004 at 02:36 PM.
CIVICBOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #17
dan_63
AF Newbie

d00d r u serious? Get an acura rsx type s much much better than an si. First of all a type s will tear an si apart d00d si hav like 130 hp but type s has 200 i v-tech a type s will SMOKE a si I mean all those people that replied and said get a si there just sum gay people that don't know jack about cars get a type s plz my bro has a type s and its the bomb car the best ever 0-60 in 6 sec
dan_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:31 PM   #18
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR
Re: Acura RSX or Honda Civic SI?

CIVICBOOST
Since you own a new civic Si, it is logical for you to say that the new model is faster than the old one. Sorry but it isnt. All the magazines have tested better number for the 99-00 si than the new one. While the new one makes 0-60 mph in 8.0 seconds, car and driver, 7.8 road and track and the 00 si makes it in 7.1 and 7.4. Quarter mile is 15.6 for the old one 16.0 for the new one. Im sorry but stock for stock the old one is faster, its the cruel reality. If we talk about doing mods, well the k series responds way better to mods and is more tunable. Simply look at the power to weight ratio, same horsepower but the coupe is lighter than the hatch, or minivan whatever. New Si owners, FACE IT, read magazines and comparisons. Stock the coupe wins the race. It is also proven in the street racing Stock for Stock.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:26 AM   #19
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Acura RSX or Honda Civic SI?

Actually man, The new Si like I have runs the quarter in 15.5 seconds stock. If you dont believe me go to ephatch.com or k-series.com for further proof there are a whole bunch of people that cant be wrong. The editors of Car & Driver are some fat fucks or cant drive because everyone I know can run at least a 15.5 stock. As of current my Si is equipped with I/E/H and the Hondata flash so I'm running 14.8-15.0 but that by all means is not fast either
In the next month or so I'm getting the RevHard Turbo kit which will bump me up to 260hp at the wheels and put me in the high 13's with shitty tires and thats been proven as well. You cant really go by what a magazine tells you because alot of magazine editors are biased, the best way to prove something is from real world experience. The new Si has more torque than the previous coupe and so far no Si coupe with the same mods has been able to beat me. The Type-S as someone stated is faster than the EP3 but thats nothing a turbo wont fix because Turbo for turbo the Ep3 will beat a Type S
NA for NA The Si will lose
I'm finished schooling you guys, class dismissed
Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #20
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_63
d00d r u serious? Get an acura rsx type s much much better than an si. First of all a type s will tear an si apart d00d si hav like 130 hp but type s has 200 i v-tech a type s will SMOKE a si I mean all those people that replied and said get a si there just sum gay people that don't know jack about cars get a type s plz my bro has a type s and its the bomb car the best ever 0-60 in 6 sec
RSX-Type S= 200hp at the flywheel around 165hp at the wheels
03 Civic Si = 160hp at the flywheel and 138hp at the wheels
My Civic Si =195HP at the flywheel and 163hp at the wheels

NA for NA the Type S is better
Turbo for Turbo the EP3 owns the Type s
RevHard is my plan in 1 month
Old 02-21-2004, 02:22 AM   #21
magical 0ne
AF Newbie

if ur askin type s or si.. then thats illogical.. type s has more horsepower and torque than the si and cost about another coupel thousand more.. if u were askin about base rsx vs a si. i'd say si.
magical 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:28 PM   #22
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Ok, everyone who owns a new Si is too afraid to accept it whatever. Car and driver fuckers cant driver, well if they cant drive they didnt test the 1999 si to its full potential. But the SAME FAT FUCKERS drove both cars and always got better numbers for the 6th gen version. Mmmm...weird...same people driving, better results with 1999 Si. Maybe they got TOO fat when they tested the new SI, that must be it. Its a great excuse.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Old 02-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #23
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

There is something seriously the matter with Car & Driver, where did they test the EP3 Si on some high altitude track
like I said hundreds of people that run 15.5 stock cant be wrong.

I dont bite into what magazines say, for instance in Import tuner a few months ago there was a power page on the Si. Did you see it?
They slapped the car on a dyno and it made 150ish HP, while everyone knows that the EP3 Si dyno's in the area of 138HP at the wheels. Even if it was a chassis dyno the numbers were still wrong, because people that I know personally that used a chassis dyno still say those numbers were off by quite a bit. Magazines cant be wrong though huh?
Just proving my point.
I've raced 5 Si coupes,
2 while I was stock and they were stock= I won by a car length, and half a car length on the other guy
2 with the same mods as me, I/H/E= I won by 1.5 car lengths
1 with I/H/E, while I had I/H/E & Hondata= I won 3 car lengths
Maybe they were bad drivers, but I've never been beat by a Civic that didnt have a swap or turbo.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #24
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Well, yeah I guess it depends a little on the driver. But yeah lets leave it as a drivers race with a slight advantage to the old one. With same mods the advantage to the SI 03.

Or whatever.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Old 02-22-2004, 03:05 PM   #25
Laoman06
AF Newbie

Neither is a bad choice, you wont go wrong by choosing either one. I once asked a friend the same question and he told me to get a neon... So i beat his ass, dont make the same mistake.
Laoman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 06:00 PM   #26
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

I've been bit by the EVO bug, so I'm considering trading in my Si for it

But to the initial post of this thread, I'd say get the Si over Rsx base model for sure. If you end up getting the Rsx base, just stay away from that sportshift auto crap, the gearing is horrible for performance driving. Just my
Old 03-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #27
SRV BOY
AF Enthusiast

rsx over the civic anyday
SRV BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #28
CIVICBOOST
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Acura RSX or Honda Civic SI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV BOY
rsx over the civic anyday
The base model Rsx over the Si? Why? The gearing is better in the Si and the Si responds better to mods than the base model plus the Si has better top end due to the fact it uses the same intake manifold as the Type S, unless you picked the base strictly for looks
Old 03-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #29
crazyswapidea
AF Newbie

hmmm...well isnt this just a real tough choice for you...but personally for me, i would go with a teggy type-r (RSX type S), why exactly, because like the other guy was saying the 40hp difference and if you feel like playing around with some cash on your car, the RSX has a few more programable parts on it than the Si, but you have to know what your doing, and you can pull out an extra 15hp, then on top of that your aftermarket parts...thats quick hp right there...but thats just one mans opinion...do what you want with it...
crazyswapidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:14 AM   #30
2002Drew
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 2002Drew
Unhappy

my bad for being an ass. Either way, it's faster than my car.

dance...the night away
2002Drew is offline   Reply With Quote