Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
chefordlet
AF Newbie

2004 Durango...who owns one?

I'd like to get some thoughts from anyone who owns the new Durango. Junk or Gold? Car and driver gave it first place.
chefordlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
chasmanz28
AF Newbie

i just got one today, all i got to say is buy the limited with the hemi, you cant go wrong, and you can buy a fully loaded durago for around 39k, a steal if you ask me, as for the ride its unmatched , very smooth over bumps and dips for sure, all you have to do is go out and test drive one and im sure youll do what i did and buy one
chasmanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
chefordlet
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Durango...who owns one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanz28
i just got one today, all i got to say is buy the limited with the hemi, you cant go wrong, and you can buy a fully loaded durago for around 39k, a steal if you ask me, as for the ride its unmatched , very smooth over bumps and dips for sure, all you have to do is go out and test drive one and im sure youll do what i did and buy one
If you paid 39k, you paid way too much. Fully loaded everything I can get for 35k with trade in.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:08 AM   #4
chasmanz28
AF Newbie

i didnt trade anything in
Old 03-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #5
chefordlet
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2004 Durango...who owns one?

Quote:
i didnt trade anything in
They're offering a $1500 trade in rebate through March.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:19 AM   #6
chasmanz28
AF Newbie

thats a great price then, what are waiting for, i paided 38.000 fully loaded with the hemi, where are you from, which state becasue there not offering any rebates down here
Old 03-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
chefordlet
AF Newbie

Quote:
thats a great price then, what are waiting for, i paided 38.000 fully loaded with the hemi
I'm goin' to the first dealer today! But I have till the end of March so I'm going to bring my Tahoe all around to find the best trade in price.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #8
slammers
AF Newbie

I have had my Limited for two weeks now. The only complaint I have is the gearing is a little off for my taste. 3rd is too low and fourth is to high. If you are doing about 120kph (sorry I am Canadian ) and punch it, it drops to 3rd at over 5000 rpm. It sounds like it is screaming but it pulls great. But then it shifts to fourth and it is a little gutless. There is no red line on the tach so I do not know what a safe RPM is. The tach goes to 7000. I always back off on the throttle to make it shift to fourth as it seems like it is over revving. Especially since I only have 1000KM on it so far.

Also, there seems to be quite a dead spot in the pedal. You have to press it quite far before noticing any acceleration.

Oh ya, and there seems to be a vibration right around 2000 rpm. It’s not very strong but its there. I am not sure if it something to be concerned about or not.

The only other issue is its too damn quite . I want to hear more of that Hemi rumble. I definitely need a new exhaust system when one comes out.

Shawn
slammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:45 AM   #9
chefordlet
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammers
The only other issue is its too damn quite . I want to hear more of that Hemi rumble. I definitely need a new exhaust system when one comes out.
I noticed the same thing. It is really soundproof in that cabin. Underneath they have a huge muffler near the passenger seat and a reasonator just in front of the rear bumper. Makes it too quiet.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:46 PM   #10
satbmt
AF Newbie

Ive had mine for 2 weeks...its a slt w/ hemi,leather,etc.....its way nice. I drove many other style suv's and the durango w/ the hemi kicks butt!
satbmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #11
ilpfe
AF Newbie

I brought a new 2004 durango and I have the limited with the hemi and I love it . My 17 year old daughter loves to drive it and i just got her a chrysler 300 C with the hemi .
ilpfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:01 AM   #12
emrobin
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emrobin
Bought a '04 Limited with the Hemi

I've had my '04 for almost two months now and based on what I've read on this board, the new style still has a lot of the old problems. A/C problems and shifting problems are the two problems I've seen on this board from older models that I've already experienced with my Durango. The A/C problem turned out to be a software problem that required two updates before it was resolved. I've seen several posts regarding speed sensor problems on older models that sound like what my '04 does from time to time. It doesn't always shift properly. The dealership said they were able to get it to do the same thing, but since it didn't throw a code, they didn't do anything. Again, sounds the same as what folks have said and their solution was to replace the speed sensor. I'll definitely mention that the next time I bring it in for this problem, which will definitely happen again since it still does it. Fortunately it's not a daily problem.

As far as the quite cabin, yes it's very quite and I love that. The Infinity stereo system that came with my loaded Durango sounds awesome too.

If you're looking for an SUV that's loaded with features at a great price, look no further than the Durango. However, buy the extended bumper to bumper warranty since it is a Dodge and is going to have problems on and off the entire time you have it.
emrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:39 PM   #13
sobol
AF Regular

04' Durango

I just purchased a Limited 4x4 Durango w/Hemi. I like it very much and have not experienced any problems. I have 150 miles on the odometer. I paid 36,500 dollars for it, Loaded. Pacific blue in color. I have not opened it up yet until I break it in some but I am looking forward to that day. I bought it because I need a family vehicle and for the Hemi.

Robert
sobol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:52 PM   #14
Seadoo 3
AF Newbie

slammers i bought my Durango in march as well in edmonton and added a magnaflow exhust airaid cold air intake and a Tbs. Go like heck and Ex note is pleasant not screaming.
Seadoo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #15
Hummin ISB
AF Newbie

Wife traded her '01 PT as soon as she saw the Limited on the lot! We test drove it last February and have had it ever since! Thank goodness Daimler is giving some engineering secrets to Chrysler. This is the quietest and smoothest 7 passenger SUV on the road, let alone the power of the HEMI. We have had a recall on the battery cable, and had to have a radio replaced under warranty, and at the same time, there was a TSB on the muffler mounts which they replaced. We have over 15K miles on it and it has been great! I wouldn't hesitate gettin' another one!
Hummin ISB is offline   Reply With Quote