Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
flt_123@hotmail.co
AF Newbie

2001 jetta engine idle problems

Hello,
First timer here. I was working on my daughters 2001 Jetta replacing the coolant manifold. This is not the correct name, it is on the right side of block and bolts on with two bolts. It has three hoses attached and a sensor in the top. It was leaking so I put on a new one. The bell housing got covered with coolant so when I was done I pulled it over near the hose to wash off the coolant so it would not smell so bad when the engine heated up. As soon as I sprayed some water on the transmission housing the car began to run rough, like I had completely lost timing. I thought that all the electical connections would be water light, guess not? Does anyone know what connectioin I should dryout or replace. There are two small electrical connectors almost directly below the part I replaced held up by a metal bracket just above the transmission housing . One is a plug connector (duetz type) that has a single black wire running off of it that goes over to what I think is the ECM for the car, under the airfilter housing?? The other connector is a bit strange, it is plastic cylinder and has a flat black wire running forward and then under what looks like an aluminum box? not sure what this is. I did not use a large amound of water so something in the emediate area got wet. I am a horrible speller so please forgive me. Any insite on what I have done and what these connectors on the right side (drivers side,steetside) of the engine are and go to, would be helpfull. I am hoping that letting things dryout will solve the problem.

On the car itself, it has been a pritty trouble free machine. In the past 4 years however it started using MAF. The car begins to not start and will complete cut out while driving. The aftermarket MAF seem to fix the problem but after a year or so I have to put on a new one. Anyone having similiar problems?
Thanks,
Mike
flt_123@hotmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03