Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
alboutdisplacement
AF Newbie

what to do

Hi, okay so i am currently beggining a rebuild on a 72 cutlass w/ a 350 in it. I mean it is an entire rebuild because i have to swap out the frame due to lovely new england weather. Now i am a car guy and i understand the inner workings of vehicles. I am just looking for an opinion on a form of forced induction. Twin turbo or an 871 blower, i am aware both will require about the same in engine internal upgrades. I am just at a split decision, do i want an aggresive looking car with a blower at the top, that will also drag up to 35% of the cranks power to run and will only make around 12psi at most, or do i go with a twin turbo set up. Now if i do the twin turbo set up i plan on making cutoff valves (butterfly valves) that way the car will be a sleeper. A plan old 350 until a flip a switch and now i have a smaller and larger turbo making significant boost throught the rpm range. The only downfall to the turbo is it lacks nastalga soo im just looking to hear others preference and imputs. Thank you

also pricing is about equal in either direction
alboutdisplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: what to do

What 350 engine are you planning to use, a stocker of any make will not hold up with your optimistically planned hp output.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
alboutdisplacement
AF Newbie

Re: what to do

its a stock Oldsmobile 350...which is a stronger block than a 350 chevy, i was also going to insure all internals are forged. However stock 72 olds 350's arleady have stronger rods and i believe a stronger crank...
alboutdisplacement is offline   Reply With Quote