Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 12:52 AM   #121
Deadboy
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Deadboy
jee the cold weather can be biatch.....i have a garage but it takes just 3h to warm the place up .....im till working on my project but its going slow....ill up some pics soon...if i can then before the end of next week caz its not just the weather its school to that gets in the way......i dont think that this thread is dead.....atleast i hope its not.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 AM   #122
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Do it ur-self Bodykit??

You could do it in yer house. Just take off the bumpers or get some from a junk yard and put down a painters tarp and work on it there.
GTR...GTR...GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:40 AM   #123
Deadboy
AF Regular

Re: Re: Do it ur-self Bodykit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR...GTR...GTR
You could do it in yer house. Just take off the bumpers or get some from a junk yard and put down a painters tarp and work on it there.
Have u ever worked with fiberglass? ....the small fibers stick to everthing and its hard to remove them + it makes u itch like hell.....an then there is the glue .....ye when u woork with the glue a long time u forget the smell....but its a strong smell.... lol its a good way to get rid of people in the house but its best to work in a garage
Old 11-23-2003, 07:02 AM   #124
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

Never worked with it before. But I figured it's a pretty strong smell.

How do you put the fiberglass on? What do I need to do to work with it? 'Cus I have no idea what I'm doing.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:20 AM   #125
Deadboy
AF Regular

[quote=GTR...GTR...GTR]Never worked with it before. But I figured it's a pretty strong smell....
QUOTE]

Its easy.... just have to cover the surface that u whant to cover then put the fiberglass on and cover the fiberglass with glue again and put on a nother layer....us some kind of brush to put the glue but dont make a much glue caz it hardens quickly if its warm.....i had some kind of rolling thing that i used to get the air out of the layer.....but u only need it when u are using separate fiberglasses......when u cover the shape ur making the only thing u have to do is to make sure that it stays like that.......sometimes it can come loose and ruin the thing.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:35 AM   #126
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

What kind of foam are you using? Is it the kind with the little cells? Doesn't it just rip apart?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #127
blueaccord19
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to blueaccord19

Kinda off topic, but i have heard that the DIY lambo door kit at lambodoors.com is a great and cheap way to put lambo doors on your car, but i was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what all kind of work goes into it? Is it more work than it's worth? Or is it farely easy for what you get and the money u save? Thx
blueaccord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:24 PM   #128
GTR...GTR...GTR
AF Enthusiast

Pretty much from what I've heard it's a real bitch to DIY unless you've got a background in welding
Old 11-26-2003, 05:45 AM   #129
spoony78
AF Newbie

Very inspiring thread

As the subject says.

Got so many ideas
spoony78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:09 AM   #130
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaccord19
Kinda off topic, but i have heard that the DIY lambo door kit at lambodoors.com is a great and cheap way to put lambo doors on your car, but i was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what all kind of work goes into it? Is it more work than it's worth? Or is it farely easy for what you get and the money u save? Thx
The DIY thing there IS NOT a kit....it is "instructions, on how to DIY, and the "instructions" are actually a actrile printed in the July 2003 Issue of Hot Compacts and Imports, I think it was pages 106-112. It was a article with photographs showing the process of installing the Decah VDC. Notice, the "lambodoors.com Kit" isn't a kit, it is instructions, it says so on the site. The site says, includes step by step instructions on how to get your doors to swing vertically. PARTS SOLD SEPARETLY. The Instructions, are that arctile on the Decah install from the July issue of HCI. You don't need to pay lambodoors.com $50 for this shit, call HCI and get the July 2003 back issue, it shouldn't more than $8. Look up pages 106-112. There you go, the "instructions" for $43 less. The parts the use it those "instructions" is the Decah VDC. Or, call Decah and ask Kevin to send you then article with the instructions and pictures of the install from the July 2003 issue of HCI, he should be willing to send you that for free. Anyways, lambodoors.com is a ripoff, they are tricking people into thinking they are giving you a kit and instructions. As I said, all it is is the article on a Decah VDC install from the Julyt 2003 issue of HCI. You can certianly get that a hell of a lot cheaper than the $50 they want. Remember, it was orignally only $3.99 on the newstand.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:57 PM   #131
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn

what do you guys usually use as a release agent when glassing? what has worked the best? i thought about using a combination of aluminum foil, masking tape and suran(uhh spelling..) wrap
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #132
lude_si
AF Regular

what do u mean by taking the foam out? on page 5? sorry i just read this all
lude_si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:10 AM   #133
Deadboy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lude_si
what do u mean by taking the foam out? on page 5? sorry i just read this all

Well u will have to remove the foam part...caz u will need to have the space were the parts are that will hold the kit to ur car.....and if ya dont remove the foam it will look wierd when u go get the car look over at a garage
Old 12-02-2003, 09:40 PM   #134
xs081
AF Newbie

definatly try home depot, they have insulation foam that comes in long sheets, something like 2'x8'. Maybe not that long, but they will have, ass for the thicknss, just glue pieces together.
xs081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #135
Deadboy
AF Regular

Ok .....some more pics...eveything has stoped for some time caz havent had time to weld the rear wings(the black plates in the pics)...and the cold wount let me work with the glue .....it hardens but its not strong. My fater promised to get a heater so that i can finish....lol at first my dad said that its a wast of time but now he is suporting 100% .......lol and just wandering are DIY kits street legal.....some guy said that the parts must be inspected and approved by someone 4 the safty of people on the street?
Here is the ugly duckling

The front end

A idea that i got from a BMW Z3

MY muffler at night ...uuuuu ..spoooky

Need ju sand it down and ...wollaaa....maybe 1 layer more

Last edited by Deadboy; 12-17-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Deadboy is offline   Reply With Quote