Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > 156
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
AlfaRomeo156
AF Newbie

Question My Car... and what should I do..?

This is my lovely baby as it is...

noooww.. I love her to bits and would never consider any external changes (I.E Ricing) buuut I have recieved an offer.... trade my lovely 156 in.. add a couple of more ks and get a 2ltr 2000 Spider????

What to doo!!!! (P.S I'd miss the back seats, (no you dirty buggers not for that) but for the fact that i can go places with more than one other person...) I just thought I'd get some Alfa entheusiasts' pointsOV.

EDIT: I also like the wheels a lot better on my car... the colour I don't mind, i like the Alfa Red, but I also like the Metallic Yellow on the spider....
AlfaRomeo156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
The Spider is a beautiful car- very quick and great to drive- but it all ends there- other wise it is badly built and unreliable- we have about 4 in here at the moment- with varying degrees of problems. Stick with your 156 and get a Sportivo (Alfa Romeo endorsed) bodykit

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:51 AM   #3
AlfaRomeo156
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
The Spider is a beautiful car- very quick and great to drive- but it all ends there- other wise it is badly built and unreliable- we have about 4 in here at the moment- with varying degrees of problems. Stick with your 156 and get a Sportivo (Alfa Romeo endorsed) bodykit
I've heard about problems with them... luckily enough Jane (current owner) has had no problems what so ever with the Spider... it's like us at home, we've got a huge trailer that needs towing so we own a frontera, we've had 4 different types over the years, LWB, Glacier, Diamond and New Sport, and although Fronteras, are if you believe Jeremy Clarkson "plagued". we've had nothing more major than a a dodgy oil light!

It all depends on how you drive, and how you look after your car too!
AlfaRomeo156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:43 AM   #4
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Won't the new Spider be more reliable ?
Very nice your 156 !

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote