Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:49 PM   #16
Ralph987
AF Newbie

Re: headlight bulb replacement ???????

i HAD A BURNT OUT LOW BEAM BULB ON MY n\Nissan Altima (2002).
I have not been able to buy a maint. manual, but was very frustrated when, in the owners manual, they said to take the car to a dealer to have a headlight bulb replaced. The nearest dealer is 50 miles away, even if I did want to pay for something that anyone should be able to do.
I found this web site, and it was stated that the bumper etc had to come off- this is crazy (the 50 mile trip was looking like a need), then I read down to where it was a matter of removing the air filter inlet box- more promissing !
I had a begger of a time though because the thread went as far as saying to remove the 10mm bolt (which I did) -but nothing moved. I found that what was not said, is that as well as the 10mm bolt on the fender there are 2 plastic tits on the bottom of the air cleaner housing that go into 2 rubber grommets . on the body. It was - 20 deg C when I was attempting the repair and I was afriad to use too much force, but after another read of the web I got brave and found that if the air cleaner housing is separated from the pipe going to the engine and set aside , a good pull up and back released the air cleaner housing, allowing access to the headlite. I sprayed some silicon spray on the grommet that helped to lube the grommet. ( I used more for the re-install) What a pain for a bulb replacement !
I haven't attempted the passenger side yet.

I replaced the bulb (Low beam) with the same 55 W bulb- is it safe to use the high output 75 or 100 watt bulbs ?
Ralph987 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima