Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod Post topics for any "Works In Progress" Muscle Car-Hot Rod vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
jwhangen
AF Newbie

Female Figures for Car Models

Return to Index Female Figures for Car Models

March 27 2011 at 2:18 PMjwhangen (no login)
from IP address 98.179.187.140
Hello,
I went to ValleyCon in Chicopee, Massachusetts today with my son - had a lot of fun. I'm normally an aircraft modeler, but I dabble in cars and ships too (my dad is really into cars, so I got a bit of that fever too). At the model show there was one display with a female figure reclining against the car, it looked like 1/24 or 1/25th scale. I'd love to get one of these figures for a Corvette project I'd like to do one of these days. Who makes these figures and where are they available? I'm assuming it's a resin kit - is that right?

Thanks!

Respond to this message

jwhangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
torinobradley
AF Newbie

Re: Female Figures for Car Models

Several companies out there do figures in this scale. Jimmy Flintstone does several along with other resin casters. Also, you can just look for G scale figures as there are lots of those to choose from. G Scale is 1/22.5 and the figures work well with our scale. To make your own, you can look for an old product called Mini-Men, long since out of production or see if you can find the Preiser figure kits that have lots of body parts in different positions and heads/hairstyles in both men and women. Just glue the parts you want together, smooth and add clothing (yup, ain't got a stitch on).
torinobradley is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod