Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
dpsayz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dpsayz Send a message via MSN to dpsayz Send a message via Yahoo to dpsayz
people who don't have a clue

Okey im not much of an RSX person, but my friend (whoes chinese) has a relative that just bought a new 2005 RSX. She asked me what i would do to it and i honestly don't know much about this car. And when i asked how much they wanted to spend, she said money isn't an option (lol, i wished money wasn't a problem when it came to things like this). But yeah its just going to be a street car, and they said they could spend like 5k or more. They don't really have any big plans except rasing the hp 100~150 plus, and just making it "better." What would you guys do to it?
dpsayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Mendari
AF Enthusiast

Re: people who don't have a clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsayz
But yeah its just going to be a street car, and they said they could spend like 5k or more. They don't really have any big plans except rasing the hp 100~150 plus, and just making it "better." What would you guys do to it?
If they don't know what their doing, they should have bought a better car.
Tell them to get stickers.
Mendari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

I'd research and learn about the car before bumping up the horsepower by 100-150 hp.

The simplest way to get that power is www.cybernationmotorsports.com because turboing is the only way you're gonna get that hp without spending waaaaaaay more than 5 grand. Any money leftover goes into looks or saving for other stuff.

Knowing very little and trying to almost double the power isn't the best move.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #4
Lychus
AF Regular

Moneys not an option? and they dont know what to do to an RSX type S??? People like that dont deserve nice hondas, or lots of money. Lol. They'll be another rich kid trying to get a honda and will make it fast but never know how to drive it. Tell her to get a Volkswagen like all other rich kids.
Lychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Good point, i'd invest in driving school and do some track time with the stock car and then you can fully appreciate whaatever mods you do to it.

saying you want 100-150 hp just really means you're looking for the bragging rights and not the actual benefit.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
das2123
Tuning Neons since '97

Send a message via AIM to das2123 Send a message via Yahoo to das2123
If money isn't an option, tell them to put a 200 shot of nitrous in it. They can always replace the engine later...Turbo is the only way you are gonna get close to 100-150HP extra...add an intercooler then a 50-75 shot of nitrous they can get there. Hopefully they put it around a tree or pole.

*edit* Hopefully they DON'T put it around a tree, is what I meant to say. I don't wish harm on anyone

Last edited by das2123; 07-09-2005 at 09:40 AM.
das2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:53 AM   #7
gsxeclipse97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gsxeclipse97

thats kinda harsh to wish that kind of pain on someone. Damn a tree you are most likely to die from hitting that in that small car. Anyway i would go with the turbo also. There is a type s here with a turbo kit and it looks nice if i can i will take a picture of it and post it on here for all who wish they were boosted
, 2g pistons, cyclone intake manifold, ported 1g head, 60mm tb, greddy type s bov, apex-i n1 exhaust , ngk spark plugs, 3 angle valve job, autometer boost/vac, autometer air/fuel ,autometer oil pressure ,cross drilled rotors ,turbonetics boost controller ,air filter ,remove dump tube, 14b turbo

and the ac still doesn't work and its been almost 3 years
gsxeclipse97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

He's not wishing for them to be in a crash, he said what is very true. If you know nothing then doubling the power is just to brag about it and its going to lead to trouble.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
das2123
Tuning Neons since '97

Send a message via AIM to das2123 Send a message via Yahoo to das2123
Re: Re: people who don't have a clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_canuck
He's not wishing for them to be in a crash, he said what is very true. If you know nothing then doubling the power is just to brag about it and its going to lead to trouble.
Exactly! I don't know how many times I have seen people wrap SRT's, 350Z's, and other fast cars around poles and trees, because they did not know how to drive it. It's sad, but oh so true.
das2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo

I'd go to ClubRSX if I were you for these questions. Plus if they get a VW they will have to spend an arm and a leg always having the electronics fixed and other things that Hondas don't have problems with. I should know I own a VW.
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:26 AM   #11
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: people who don't have a clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychus
Moneys not an option? and they dont know what to do to an RSX type S???
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsayz
Okey im not much of an RSX person, but my friend (whoes chinese) has a relative that just bought a new 2005 RSX. She asked me what i would do to it and i honestly don't know much about this car. And when i asked how much they wanted to spend, she said money isn't an option (lol, i wished money wasn't a problem when it came to things like this). But yeah its just going to be a street car, and they said they could spend like 5k or more. They don't really have any big plans except rasing the hp 100~150 plus, and just making it "better." What would you guys do to it?
So where in this post did he say it was a Type S. All I read is that it is a 2005 RSX. Besides he asked for help. Not a smart ass opinion.

Now to try to help answer the question. A turbo kit is a good place for her to start. Depending on how much boost she is planning on pushing to the engine she might want to look into build the internals up first (Pistons, rods, etc) Also i would look into some 4:2:1 headers, Catback, and a High Flow Cat. Nitrous is also and option she can go with however on the stock internals I wouldn't go any higher that a 50 shot.
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads.
cficare68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #12
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

I would strongly advise to NOT FI the car. If you don't know a lot you hould do a lot of research first so that you can handle the problems that come with the parts, along with the amount of power. Just making a dyno queen is pointless.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX