Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 03:16 AM   #1
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Unhappy Where are they???

How come I've never seen a Gtz and whats the difference between the gtz and the es v6, what mods can be done to make these cars amazing? I've raced one of you guys stock and had me a Mitsubishi sandwich with extra cheese!!!!

No but I'm buying a 98 for my sisters to share to go to college and I want to mod it, so help me out!!!, Is the 4 banger more buildable or what!!!!
MaximusGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:29 AM   #2
Outlawzcc
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Outlawzcc
The only real diffrence in the GTZ and the ES V6 is the suspension and the braking system. There are also a few other "options" included like the sunroof and the spoiler but that is just the main diffrence.

As far as getting a 98 I am really not sure what you can do with the 7G to mod it. If you can get the 99 and up (8G) then I can tell you what you can do to it to mod it and what will be soon available.

The main diffrence in the I4 and the V6 IMO is that you will get more room to work with in the I4 than you will get in the V6. If you wanted you could fit a twin turbo into there and still have plenty of room to work with it.

Jason
Outlawzcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:12 AM   #3
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

you have the 4 banger? How buildable is that baby?
Old 01-03-2003, 02:55 AM   #4
Outlawzcc
AF Newbie

Yes I have a 2001 I4 ES. Right now I just have a couple of bolt-ons. Injen CAI RD and a couple of DIY mods. I also have a Flowmaster exhaust. I am going to change it a APEXi with a custom cat back. Manderal bent pipe at 2.5 for the future. Keep in mind that the 8G Galant 4G64 is the same engine the 3G Eclipse is based on and the Dodge Stratus. They where both based on the Galant platform so any thing with the 4G64 (I4) or the 4G72 (V6) will fit. If you are going for serious hp there are a couple of turbos made from Dougs Dyno and I can't remeber the other companies out there. Currently there is a Super Chager for the V6 Click Here and the I4 is now finished Click Here
The V6

The I4

No dynos so far but they are putting some serious hp and with a bullet proof tranny they will be able to boost more.

Jason
Old 01-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #5
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

hey dog, that shit is fuckin tight as hell, are you from the L.a area? I've nevr raced any galants because people don't ever mod them up out here, but I'm pretty sure that shit sounds tight as hell too. I almost bought a GTZ back when I was looking for a car. I'm gonna seriously consider hooking my sisters up with that, and I'mn pretty sure the 4 is cheaper than the 6, so thats all gravy for me
Old 01-06-2003, 11:43 PM   #6
Outlawzcc
AF Newbie

Naw, I am from the bay. There is a thread now at The Galant Center that has all the I4's numbers/dyno results including a story on how the owner of RIPP MODS smoked a BMW with the test Galant. Just remember that what I have spoken about is for a 8G (1999 to 2002). I really do not know to much about the 7G but if you do get a 7G or 8G just visit The Galant Center. There you will find all kinds of info to help you mod your sister's car. I am a mod there also so if you need anymore help just email me at outlawzcc@thegalantcenter.org or pm me there.

Jason
Old 01-06-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
Outlawzcc
AF Newbie

Sorry I forgot to give you the link to the thread. Click Here for more info on the I4

Jason
Old 01-08-2003, 04:25 AM   #8
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Good lookin out dog