Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
migraman23
AF Newbie

1975 300d engine trouble

Hi,
Wondering if anyone had seen this sort of thing before. I was driving my 300d, oil pressure was on full (something I had always attributed to the failing electrics) and suddenly pressure went to zero. The engine ran for a fwe minutes and died like it was out of diesel. My brother had been dirving the car and, of course, the fuel gage doesn't work so the first thought through my head was the car tran out of diesel. I loosened the injector fittings, turned to motor over a few times to prime them and closed when I saw the fuel coming out of all of them. I cranked the car and it ran for about 30 sends and died the same way as before. I haven't been able to actually look at it since. I'm scared I have a broken timing chain. Of course, I burned the starter solenoid out trying to re-start the car. I was wondering if anyone else had run into this sort of thing?

Thanks.
ctd
migraman23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion