Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
9eleventb0
AF Enthusiast

C6 Z06 vs F430

Do you guys think the new Z06 might take out the F430 both in acceleration and on the track? According to the manufacturer's estimates, the Z06 should be equal to if not better than the F430 in acceleration. Also, because the Z06 weighs less than the F430 and because the C6 has already been praised for having significantly better handing than the C5, could it actually be more nimble around a track as well? In fact, I have even heard that the Z06 achieved a 7:43 lap time around the nurburgring, though I'm not sure if thats 100% true. Either way, which would you guys pick to have on the track and in your garage?

Just as a side note, I can't wait to see how these two cars will stand up against the "Blue Devil" (if it comes into production), the 997 TT, and the 600hp gallardo when they come out....
9eleventb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

In a straight line, C&D has done a 1/4 mile in 11.7 @ 123mph, and 0-60 in 3.5 (January 05'). Thats pretty damn fast, but until I see some solid times for the Z06, I can't be sure between the two. The F1 style gearbox + launch control might give the F430 a bit of an advantage over the manual Z06 (its nearly impossible to shift faster then F1), but the Vette' has a small power to weight advantage. Should be a close call.

As for handling, the October issue of C&D compared the F430 with the Gallardo, DB9, SL65, 911 Turbo S, and the Ford GT; and the F430 completely demolished the competition.

"F430 was a transcendental experience. This is surely the most interactive high-performance car on the road right now, combining vivid acceleration, sensational engine sounds, razor-sharp steering, and lucid feedback in one charismatic package." (C&D August 05')

I'd like to see the Z06 succeed, and the Vette's always competed with far more expensive cars, but it might be a stretch to see it outhandle the F430.

If I could choose either car to own, I'd take the F430.

All other car magazines have gotten similar results, sorry about all the C&D references, its right by my desk while im writing this.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
9eleventb0
AF Enthusiast

The F430 has pulled some quick times no doubt, but the mfr estimates I'm hearing for the Z06 put its traps in the 127-128 region!!! Like you said, we won't know for sure until any official tests are done, but if the estimate is close, then we may have some trouble on our hands. Also, about the 7:43 ring time, I originally heard it was from the Z06, but now I'm hearing that it could be from the "Blue Devil" prototype. If anybody knows for sure I would gladly appreciate some clarification.

At this point, I feel that the Z06 is going to be slightly faster than the F430 and will pull similar if not better lap times, but will still not beat the ferrari in terms of sheer enjoyment. Numbers never tell the whole story , and so I bet that even if the Z06 pulls better lap times, the FEEL of the car won't be as good as the F430. Hell, the C5 Z06 has a faster lap time around the ring than the 360 Modena, but we all know that the handling feel and agility of the modena far surpasses the Z06. Then again I may be wrong, but only time will tell....
9eleventb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
gti1689
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gti1689
the zo6 might be faster, but i think the real battle will be in the handling department. Initially, I will give my nod to the ferrari, but we'll have to see if Chevy managaed to match the best in the biz.

Just one of the pretty engines in the stable.
gti1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
illegal_eagle187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to illegal_eagle187
Re: C6 Z06 vs F430

i have my bets on the Z06, the handling i think will be close but probably go to the ferrari

illegal_eagle187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #6
jam4shi
AF Newbie

well I guess that I'm the first one to answer the other question...

In the garage definitley the Z06, just for the simple fact that I would definitley be able to do a lot more research on it and learn more about it. People nowdays do drive the other cars in its class but you figure you buy the cheaper car that everyone can afford to get and then more people are going to talk about it the problem is however that people buy the higher cars and don't know everything that their doing. You would want something in your garage that is easy for you to find answers to if something goes wrong while your upgrading your beast...
jam4shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Well I would biasedly (word? don't think so haha) take the Z06. Being on the C6R platform, its going to have one heck of a ridgid chasis. And considering that it spends a lot of tunning time on the Nurb, I wouldn't be suprised if it does lap faster. But either way they will probably be as close to equal as you will get. I'm not really up-to-date on the 430 so I don't really have to much to say about it.

thats when mine starts.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Of course my bias will lead me to take the F430

But I do think the Z06 will take the F430 in a straight line and out of corners quite easily, however the F430 has the huge advantage of an MR layout, as well as F1 inspired handling that should make it more of a hoot than the Z06.

Neither car is particularly attractive in comparison to its predecessor, though.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eleventb0
Do you guys think the new Z06 might take out the F430 both in acceleration and on the track? According to the manufacturer's estimates, the Z06 should be equal to if not better than the F430 in acceleration. Also, because the Z06 weighs less than the F430 and because the C6 has already been praised for having significantly better handing than the C5, could it actually be more nimble around a track as well? In fact, I have even heard that the Z06 achieved a 7:43 lap time around the nurburgring, though I'm not sure if thats 100% true. Either way, which would you guys pick to have on the track and in your garage?

Just as a side note, I can't wait to see how these two cars will stand up against the "Blue Devil" (if it comes into production), the 997 TT, and the 600hp gallardo when they come out....
7:43 is the official time for the new Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring. The "blue devil" seen recently was actually a new Z06.

A C6 Z06 would likely be faster than an F430 around a race track, but Ferrari will likely make a new higher performance F430.

Also, the C6 is around three inches narrower than the F430.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35

the new Z06 is going to be amazing. every preview or sneek peak i read in car magazine amazes me more then the last. just what chevrolet can do and still make it so cheap. i don't even like chevrolet and i have no intereset in buying a chorvette, so i if i could choose to buy one, of course it'd be the ferrari. just for the exclusivity of owning one, not to mention that they're gorgeous cars, but as far as performance goes, the Z06 is going to be crazy fast. hands down faster in straightline performance, and i wouldn't be surprised if it handled better than the f430 with all the work and hype that going into this car
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #11
JUAN_CARLOS
AF Newbie

chevy is going to take it
JUAN_CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:27 AM   #12
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR

I'd take the F430 as the weekend car and the C6 as the daily driver

If only one was permitted, F430.

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #13
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35
Re: Re: C6 Z06 vs F430

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
I'd take the F430 as the weekend car and the C6 as the daily driver

If only one was permitted, F430.

that is a hot picture
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:56 AM   #14
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Re: Re: Re: C6 Z06 vs F430

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt_35
that is a hot picture
It's a hot car.

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #15
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX

It is really tough to call without any proven times but I did hear that the Z06 is going to be faster...handling is still definately a toss-up but I do think the ferrari has an advantake from the start with its layout, and the fact that they really don't have to bother making it an everyday comfortable vehicle

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons