Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #16
executor04
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Help - 1999 tahoe, Cranks but wont start when Temp is near 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko914
Try this: after shutting off the hot engine, turn the ignition key from OFF to ON (but not to START) and wait 10 seconds or so. Then turn to START.

Sorry for got to say in my last reply... No go, didn't work. I don't think its a security issue anymore. It has to do with anything involving fuel injection and or sensors.
executor04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #17
96 Trick Hoe
AF Newbie

Re: Help - 1999 tahoe, Cranks but wont start when Temp is near 210

I'm kind of cirious about somthing,if power comes on, the engine bumps over but never runs. At 210-220 temp when you turn the key do you hear the fuel pump pressurize the fuel system if so there are 2 sensor's maybe more but I know you have a Temp coolant sensor located on the thermastate housing. Second there is an air temp sensor located onthe upper half plenuim ( MPI fuel sys). Which could be dectated by the lineare EGR valve if it is stuck open. Give that a try.
96 Trick Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #18
executor04
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Trick Hoe
I'm kind of cirious about somthing,if power comes on, the engine bumps over but never runs. At 210-220 temp when you turn the key do you hear the fuel pump pressurize the fuel system if so there are 2 sensor's maybe more but I know you have a Temp coolant sensor located on the thermastate housing. Second there is an air temp sensor located onthe upper half plenuim ( MPI fuel sys). Which could be dectated by the lineare EGR valve if it is stuck open. Give that a try.
I am not sure on how the sound of the fuel presurizing the system sounds, but I will check into that next. I am working on the fuel filter. I tried something. I had fuel filter cleaned 3 weeks ago, it was a mess, but I had it done again the other day it was filthy. Last I checked fuel filters last longer than 3 weeks... I am thinking maybe some type of mess is in my fuel tank. I am going to get the fuel tank steam cleaned and examined to see if there is a lot of old build up that gets to the filter whenever the fuel runs real low. Its a long shot, but thats one thing I am going to try. In the meantime, I am going to do my Homework on what you suggested, and what to look for and tell dealer/auto shop to check for. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #19
96 Trick Hoe
AF Newbie

Re: Help - 1999 tahoe, Cranks but wont start when Temp is near 210

hey man I'm pretty sure you found your problem. Remember it takes 55-60psi to operate a multi port injection, if you got a tank full of crap well, it wont run, it probably in the morning but once its stured & sucked up in the pump and filter it wont have the fuel pressure required. By the way when you turn the key on (radio off ) under the truck you can hear the fuel pump ZZZZZZZZ.. pressurizing the system, if that happens then you know your fuel pump is still good.
96 Trick Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #20
executor04
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Trick Hoe
hey man I'm pretty sure you found your problem. Remember it takes 55-60psi to operate a multi port injection, if you got a tank full of crap well, it wont run, it probably in the morning but once its stured & sucked up in the pump and filter it wont have the fuel pressure required. By the way when you turn the key on (radio off ) under the truck you can hear the fuel pump ZZZZZZZZ.. pressurizing the system, if that happens then you know your fuel pump is still good.

Hey Yeah I think I found it too. Hasn;t been happening. Yeah THat was it, the filter blocking the proper pressure. Also Yes I hear the ZZZZZ sound. Right now I have another problem with my truck, not as bad, but but I amgoing to post a new topic about it haha.. my never ending problems..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe