Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
soulmonger
AF Newbie

no power to fuel pump.

It seems as though my fuel pump isn't getting any power. I hear nothing when the ignition is turned to the on position. Also I tested the connector to the fuel pump with a multi tester and came up with nothing. What sends power to the fuel pump? I've already checked the main realy. It appears to be in good working condition ( solder points appear fine, and car cranks fine). The red light comes on on the ECU which should indicate that it is indeed working. I've checked all the fuses and they all look good. I'm kind of at a dead end here. It will crank forever but it wont start. If I could just get it running it would be an awesome car for an awesome price, but as it is now im getting ready to give up on it.
soulmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

Re: no power to fuel pump.

you checked fuses but did you check the fuel pump relay?? should be in the under hood fuse box labeled fuel pump relay relays commonly go out and leave you scratching your head another thing to do is spray some starting fluid in the throttle body and if it turns over then you know that your only problem is the fuel and not other problems
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
soulmonger
AF Newbie

Alright, I redid this test with someone that actually knows how to use a multimeter :P When the car cranks the fuel pump is getting ~8 volts of electricity. Is this about right? regardless the pump never makes a sound, not when cranking or if you just turn the key to on. I would like to spray some starting fluid in there to see if it turns over, just to be sure that its afuel problem. Where would I spray it at exactly? Its super cold here right now so I probly won't get to it for a few days, but I would like to get this done soon cuz if I get this car running I'm buying it from my cousin for only $500. Other than it not starting it seems to be in great condition and has just over 100k miles.
soulmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

local auto parts store its called starting fluid have a friend crank it while you spray it in the throttle body you will see a large rubber hose connected to a plastic box follow that hose it also connects to the throttle body you can remove this hose with a screwdriver and pull the cable and the butterfly will open or if you cant find it have a friend push the gas with the car off and listen for the cable moving exactly where its at you will find the throttle body
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude