Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
TDonoTaurus
AF Newbie

'02 issues

This is a great forum, thanks for all the info!

I have a 2002 Taurus SEL and man oh man -- this thing has been the death of me. The last time I was here (arouund this time last year) I had to replce the main chip plus light sensor and a whole load of other stuff. THIS year, so far it's been rear struts, idle speed control and some other things that I can't remember... it's getting expensive...

Here is THE issue that I can't seem to get my head around (nor that of my mechanic)... It seems that the tranny (sometimes) as I come to a stop at a light falls out of gear and stays out until I either rev the engine OR I can coax it back in by putting it in park and then in Rev and next drive. I cannnot find a common reason as to why this occurs, sometimes after driving a distance sometimes right after starting.

My mechanic suggests just replacing the tranny but I was hoping NOT to spend ANOTHER $1500 on the car if I don't have to ... after close to $7k over the past 3 years.

I was thinking that there is some electrical control that might be opening when the trans downshifts and keeps it from re-engaging. Of course.. I could be wrong, it's more wishful thinking! Any ideas?

Thanks!
TDonoTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon